New Garmin 396

I’m officially a happy Garmin customer now I’ve put the 396 on my 1290 GT, paired it to my phone and my Sena headset and I can now listen to podcasts but instead of fumbling around with the buttons on the crash helmet I can control it from the satnav once I’ve selected the podcast on Spotify.

Ok, it’s still a bit clunky but that’s almost certainly down to operator error rather than any of the devices. I’ll give it a proper try out on Monday when I take the bike to Gear 4 for a service. I’ll order a remote for the headset to make life even easier and that’s me ready for a tedious ride across Germany where I become so engrossed in listening to music that I forget the fact that my wife’s bike needs fuel a lot sooner than mine does :blast

One thing that was a bit of a pain is that if you’re fitting a 396 to a KTM using the KTM factory mount it doesn’t fit unless you use spacers to hold the satnav cradle away from the bike mount that it fits on. The cradle for the 396 is rotated 1/4 turn compared to the 350/90 models and because the cable sticks straight out of the back of the cradle it fouls on the body of the bike mount. I used 4 M8 shouldered nuts as spacers and they moved it just about far enough forward for everything to go together but it’s still a bit tight.

I've not found a converter that will reliably convert rights-protected aa / aax files - can you recommend one?
steve[/QUOT

Sorry for the late reply only just seen this, i have used a few the one i found to be the most reliable was AudFree Audible Converter and runner up would be TunesKit Audible Converter, no i tunes account needed, hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom