Navigator VI battery life - not holding charge very long

Status
Not open for further replies.

adyb

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone else have issues with the nav unit battery dying when not in use for long ? I can remove from the bike after a days riding and store in pannier, and within a few weeks it’s flat...my Tom Tom rider wou,d hold a charge for months on end !!! It’s a new unit Kate last year and hardly seen any service....just wonder if I should return it ?

Mine is the same.
A couple of days and it’s completely flat.

Garmin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not designed to be a hand-held nav device. My Nav 4 and Nav 5 would only last a short while out of the cradle. Soon operational when back in the cradle or attached to your PC.

If its like the Nav5 hold the power button for a few seconds then confirm the prompt to shut it down completely, a quick press just puts it to sleep and the battery goes flat.

If its like the Nav5 hold the power button for a few seconds then confirm the prompt to shut it down completely, a quick press just puts it to sleep and the battery goes flat.

What he said, when it switches off in the cradle, its in standby. To power off completely, cancel the switch off, take it out the cradle and then if it asks again, press cancel. Then press the power off button until it asks you to switch off. It is then off and not in standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom