Two faced comment

Toy24

Reaction score
Hi Folks I was aiming to make it to the Dent event but life got in the way, just looking at the photos it looks like not many made it either. I did think that at least a hundred bikes would have been there or are the photos not telling the whole story? Has anyone thought about a one day meeting??

Cheers

Hi Folks I was aiming to make it to the Dent event but life got in the way, just looking at the photos it looks like not many made it either. I did think that at least a hundred bikes would have been there or are the photos not telling the whole story? Has anyone thought about a one day meeting??

Cheers

The photos that I saw showing the whole campsite, including the drone shots, seem to have been taken before most of us arrived and in some cases after a lot of people had packed up and gone home. Likewise if you saw some of the group rideout shots there seemed to be a lot of smaller groups this year and not a large group ride. Much better IMHO although it made it harder to decide which one to go on .....

I believe there were around 80 there, I’m sure Micky will be alone to clarify.

Odd thread title by the way :nenau

Cheers

As Paul said there was probably 80 or so which was a perfect amount in my opinion. Maybe you are used to those huge bike rallies?

Cheers

There were enough to raise over £1200 for the air ambulance; that's good enough for me.Top effort by all.:beerjug:

How many do you need to have a good weekend? Anything from 1 upwards justifies the journey for me

Cheers
There were people from all over the country.
How many would come hundreds of miles just for the day?
If you look in the regional section there is often a local meet up organised.
Plus a lot of hard work by not many people went into organising the weekend.
The deserve credit and thanks not criticism.

Cheers

What's the 'Two faced comment' title s'posed to mean?

Quite a few said they were coming, but didn't come ... some did't bother to let me know. I do believe you were one of them!

Quite a few came that didn't say they were, probably because of the superb weather.

Not everyone that came let me know they were there, so missed out on coasters, tea pot stands and decals.

So a rough and ready count was a total, to my knowledge, of 73 people attending ... and who respectfully raised a grand total of £1,268.87 for The Great North Air Ambulance. Having said that, there were some great folk who didn't attend and yet still chipped in for the GNAA :thumby:

The Dent Event was never meant to be a fund raising charity event, and basically it still isn't. But with the generosity of folk donating raffle prizes (UKGSer's and good business folk) me scrounging the coasters and decals for nothing, there was never going to be a charge to folk for attending (only the requirement for them to pay their camping fees to High Laning and nothing to do with me or UKGSer)

So the money made on the raffle went to the GNAA ... a charity that benefits locals and tourists alike. This is the fourth year we have organised this event, and to date raised over £4,000 for the GNAA

Would a one day event do this?

Please feel free to organise a one day event if you would like to do so ;)

:beerjug:

Didn't someone crawl out from under a stone and criticize last years event and all the effort that certain people dedicate to it...what do people get out of that :nenau.

It was a 700 mile round trip with my partner as pillion and worth every mile :D

Didn't someone crawl out from under a stone and criticize last years event and all the effort that certain people dedicate to it...what do people get out of that :nenau.

It was a 700 mile round trip with my partner as pillion and worth every mile :D

To give Rocket Ron his due, he never criticised last years event, he merely said that it was his first and last Dent Event :eek:
He never did say why ...

So I merely told him to fuck off :D

Mind you he had been gobbing off in the Sun Inn at breakfast that morning, but I wasn't privy to it ....

Edit ... I believe the OP's title of 'Two faced comment' refers to himself. Says that not many folk looked to be in attendance, but had said that he was coming, but didn't :nenau

To give Rocket Ron his due, he never criticised last years event, he merely said that it was his first and last Dent Event :eek:
He never did say why ...

So I merely told him to fuck off :D

Mind you he had been gobbing off in the Sun Inn at breakfast that morning, but I wasn't privy to it ....

His full name was Rocket Ron Pickering.

To raise that much for the Air Ambulance is fantastic.
Well done to Micky and all that supported the event.

Toy24

So Toy24 do you have any views or comments on the replies in this thread please? You've been back on UKGSer ....

Are you going to organise a one day event?

Or are you just going to mooch around in the shadows?

Back
Top Bottom