Gorge de Verdon

How did you like that bike? Did you do a review on here?

Al

I like it a lot :bow ,plenty of grunt from the 3cyl 1050 ,great comfort and ergo for my 5’11” 17st frame ,handles superbly ,20ltr tank gets you 200miles ,wind deflection good all day riding without buffeting,just oil the chain and enjoy :thumb it’s a lot of bike without to much electric trickery to be worried about after 3x GS,s.
Go have a test ride :clap

Nah,it’s definitely the one with the motorbike outside which is to the left of the Ma Petite Auberge as you look across from the central square with fountain.
Great place for coffee and pain au choc for brek and get them to make you a sandwich up to take with you for lunch.
I can recommend the Bagnat which is tuna,egg,onion etc in a delicious baguette rustique for about €4.50.

Oh yes, excellent place to replenish any lost calories :D

Gorge De Verdon. 1984. :D

Attachments

• France 1.jpg
    France 1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 379
Very good ride around, surprisingly good for traffic with most cars we did come across getting out the way for us.

Well worth taking in if nearby, or using as an excuse for a trip.

I know I rode round it a few years ago, and I have a photo to prove it, but for the life of me I can't remember anything about it. This is strange as I generally have quite a good memroy for bike trips.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to pop down there again!

I rode here in 1984 on my XT600 when I was 18, en route to Orange and Marseilles.

The bit where there's a big rock arch out into the water is stunning.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the circuit today, particularly the 'Route des Crets' loop. Hot sunshine helped no end. Stunning scenery.

A nice civilised day after two days of big miles to get here from Amsterdam, despite the odd stretch of gravillons.

Now where tomorrow?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the circuit today, particularly the 'Route des Crets' loop. Hot sunshine helped no end. Stunning scenery.

A nice civilised day after two days of big miles to get here from Amsterdam, despite the odd stretch of

Now where tomorrow?

Do it all again tomorrow, but stop at the lake, hire a boat, and take it up the gorge, will give you a different perspective of the gorge

:thumb

I rode here in 1984 on my XT600 when I was 18, en route to Orange and Marseilles.

The bit where there's a big rock arch out into the water is stunning.

Oops.....senior moment.....that was the Gorge de l'Ardeche. :D :blast

Do it all again tomorrow, but stop at the lake, hire a boat, and take it up the gorge, will give you a different perspective of the gorge

:thumb

Went past it...totally rammed with folk...everywhere that could hold a campervan was....so we kept going. Looking down on the river we could hardly see water for boats. Maybe a different time of year.....

Nah,it’s definitely the one with the motorbike outside which is to the left of the Ma Petite Auberge as you look across from the central square with fountain.
Great place for coffee and pain au choc for brek and get them to make you a sandwich up to take with you for lunch.
I can recommend the Bagnat which is tuna,egg,onion etc in a delicious baguette rustique for about €4.50.
I liked the jam pastery’s there but the wife wasn’t so keen on the flies buzzing around inside the cake displays,

Back
Top Bottom