Eu compulsary travel requirements

Jesim1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was talking to a mate regarding what is required to travel in the EU these days and my knowledge is a bit out of date - so what do you need to travel in the EU? last time I was there it was stuff like a fluorescent jacket and a set of replacement bulbs - but in todays market where LED or adaptive lighting is present I'm not sure if it's possible to replace stuff like this by the roadside - and I've never had a bulb go in 100k miles so it seems pointless? I've also heard of stickers for helmets in some countries - but would you actually get stopped for this?

So I'm not talking about insurance and a bike fit for the trip, or even the sensible stuff like a puncture repair kit and pump - just the extra stuff that is required by law in certain countries.

If there is an easy web site or already a thread listing this please just point me in the right direction and consider me special needs:rob

James

Just came back from Europe and took the usual bike and insurance documents and thats it. Didn't see anyone in France with reflective helmet stickers. Stopped on a French motorway to see if I could help assist a couple who had broken down with a KTM. They didn't have reflective stickers or jackets and didn't seem fussed. Electrical problem with a the KTM so that is in the realm of wizardry so I couldn't help. Did comment that loads of French bikes had rode past and I was the only one to stop and offer help. Offered them a bottle of water but they said they were OK as a tow truck was on its way, thanked me for stopping and wished me a safe trip.

Many reflective helmet stickers don’t look refllective e.g. the black logo on the back of Schuberth helmets is reflective. Tom

It was originally for France reflective helmet stickers, breathalyser, reflective waistcoat, and a spare set of bulbs. None of these have ever been enforced however if you are stopped for speeding anywhere in France they will breathalyse you first.

You would have thought the whole point of a EU was that this kind of crap was standard across the whole of it - but no, it's different in 80% of the countries???

James

Back
Top Bottom