Guzzi V7 iii

longjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently brought a V7 iii stone but find the thing quite noisy, the engine seems to clatter a little and there also seems a whining noise, almost like the drive shaft anyone have any experience with these that can say if this is normal with Moto Guzzi'z.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi, I can't really help with the noise on the bike, but I am thinking of buying one myself. I wondered how you were getting on with the ride and handling of the bike?

David

Bike rides and handles well, its a good little bike nice being air-cooled and shaft drive. Went out again and found it direct again but I did have a open face helmet on this time, I have ordered some givi panniers and rear rack as the Guzzi stuff is well dear.
Let me know if you go for one this one may be for sale once the R9T is sorted.

I have one. They make a lot of noise. The drive whine is louder that my 40 year old R 100. And that’s done 100k miles.
I wear earplugs and just enjoy. Great bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear, I've been on the Guzzi V7 facebook pages for years now thinking about getting one, but not sure if it would be the right move to replace my F800GT, quite a different bike, but always loved Guzzi's from when I had a V50 about 35 years ago

Some Guzzi's can tend to rattle and clatter a bit. It's often due to the dry clutch. If you're not used to a dry clutch it can sound quite disconcerting. Sadly I didn't get into Guzzi's until 2014, but I'm into them now. I currently have a V85TT and have just acquired a beautiful 2015 1200 Griso SE. The GS triple black is for sale, and in all honesty I find it hard to see that there will, from now on,be anything but Guzzi's in my garage.

I’m late to enjoy Guzzi too. In the late 70’s/ early 80’s I had BMW’s my best mate Guzzi’s.
I had a 60/6 he had a T3. I had a 100/7 he got a Spada.
At the time I didn’t think the Guzzis were a patch on the BMWs. Certainly quality and refinement were much better for the BMWs. There was little performance difference between Spada and 100/7. They just didn’t appeal.
Two months ago I bought a new V7 stone 3. And now I’m smitten. What have I been missing!
I still have the 100/7 to compare it against too.
I even rode the new V85 for a day and it was great.
It must be that offbeat thud of a V twin or my perceptions have changed over 40 years?
After reading all of Nick Adams books I now want a Convert.
Toad if Toad Hall all over!

Yep read that one too. Very enjoyable read too.

Me too. I’ve had quite a few BM’s over the years. When I was young (a very long time ago) I always aspired to them.
Bought my first Guzzi about five years ago, ‘95 Cali, closely followed by a ‘’72 Falcone Militaire, then a ‘09 V7 Classic from this parish last year and finally a ‘70 Ambassador. My K75RT and my Bumblebee are Sorned and languishing in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom