660 - Lifetime Maps?

Brenchleyhibs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I took out a "Lifetime Maps" service when I first purchased my trusty (so far!) 660, some 8 years ago now. I had been receiving four maps a year until very recently.

At the weekend I connected the 660 up to be told by Garmin Express that my 2018.20 map version was up to date. I downloaded version 2018.20 back in January!

Are Garmin no longer issuing four maps per year for the 660? :nenau

Andy

I should have contacted Garmin before posting :blast

The official Garmin word on this is that they only issue two or three maps annually for the 660. Now i'm pretty sure that I've had a 20xx.04 version of maps previously.

Can any 660 owners confirm or deny this?

Thanks,
Andy

They issue the Navigator NT maps for the 660, 550, and BMW Nav 4 after every second update for the Navigator NT-U (U= Unicode character set) update for the Nav V, Nav VI, Zumo 595 etc. - i.e 2 issues a year instead of 4.

The latest maps, 2019.01, have just been issued for the 660.

Update Garmin Express before installing. Open Gexpress click on cog , click on about,check update. Meant to be updated automatically but on both my laptop and desktop windows 10 it doesn’t and has caused issues before. All downloaded sweetly here:beerjug: I also do this Gexpress update prior to uploading routes to unit.

Back
Top Bottom