2018/19 Adv helmets with drop down visor

I went from a Shuberth C3Pro to an Arai Tour X4 so have a similar issue of not having the drop down visor any more. I have a tinted visor on the Arai and bought a pair of Bolle eye protection glasses for £9.50ish for the odd occasion when I get caught out in the dark on a trip (I still use the C3 Pro for year round commuting).

Works for me.

I went from a Shuberth C3Pro to an Arai Tour X4 so have a similar issue of not having the drop down visor any more. I have a tinted visor on the Arai and bought a pair of Bolle eye protection glasses for £9.50ish for the odd occasion when I get caught out in the dark on a trip (I still use the C3 Pro for year round commuting).

Works for me.

Is that on your 2 mile commute ?

I had an ordinary Scorpion for a year. Poor quality, couldn't have the visor open just a smidge, poor venting. Wouldn't have another.

Ive got a scorpion, never have the visor fully shut as it fogs in seconds.

Only bugbear, the gap from closed to open first detent is huge, it needs a midpoint inbetween closed and first detent

I’m hoping to get to the NEC next week and whilst I fancy replacing my RX7GP, which was the most comfortable helmet I’ve ever possessed, in reality a Tour X with a spare clear visor might be a better bet. I can continue to use the E1 until it expires for blood biking and RoSPA.

Has anyone had both an E1 and a Tour X ?

Does anyone know if there’s a new Tour X in the pipeline? It would be handy if they did one with a quick release peak, for ease of changing visors quickly.

and - all to look like Charlie Boorman.................... :rolleyes:

Yay! :D

Has anyone heard of any new adventure style helmets coming soon with inner drop down tinted visors? I looked at the X-Lite and a couple of other last year, but the fit wasn’t right.

The Schuberth E1 seems to be a bit hit and miss on the reviews, so I’m hoping that Shoei or one of the other big brands will be releasing something soon? My Hornet Adv was a great helmet, but didn’t have an inner drop down visor.

What about this one KTM colours https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Brands/A/Airoh/Airoh-Commander

I have a Touratech one and love it, I don’t find it too noisy I’ve just done a few 400 miles days on it on a XC.

not trying to be contriversal just asking a question.

what is better about a touratech helmet over the NEXX, they are made by nexx, the shell design is the same, they are more expensive than the nexx but apart from the fact that the nexx has the drop down inner dark visor, which the touratech does not have. What is it that makes the touratech one worth the extra cost and what difference?

I don’t really know the difference in the two as I’ve never owned the one you mention but I can confirm that my touratech suits me fine, on the motorways you can also remove the peak to make it a quite touring helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not trying to be contriversal just asking a question.

what is better about a touratech helmet over the NEXX, they are made by nexx, the shell design is the same, they are more expensive than the nexx but apart from the fact that the nexx has the drop down inner dark visor, which the touratech does not have. What is it that makes the touratech one worth the extra cost and what difference?
The Touratech is Carbon Fibre I think.......the NEXX uses a less exotic composite.

(I think)

Sent from a U11

I had the nexx xd1, they are a decent lid but I found I was getting quite bad neck strain after a long day riding, probably due to the peak. For that reason I've bought my first flip front lid in the form of AGV carbon modular, and it is the best lid I've ever had, I love it. Obviously not an adventure style but a light quality helmet all the same

I had the nexx xd1, they are a decent lid but I found I was getting quite bad neck strain after a long day riding, probably due to the peak. For that reason I've bought my first flip front lid in the form of AGV carbon modular, and it is the best lid I've ever had, I love it. Obviously not an adventure style but a light quality helmet all the same

With the XD1 the peak is easily removable and looks good IMO without it ;)

Back
Top Bottom