Himalayan? anyone road one

steele01

Reaction score
Just wondering anyone on here had a go on one what did you make of it :) :beerjug: trying to decide between a few options at the moment an it came up into conversation mainly between one of these an a 1150 GSA

thanks in advance

someone was asking the other day, do a search ;)

general concensus was, dont

Mainly interested in how everyone finds them around the 50 mph country road to say 70 mph on mways with them being a long stroke do you find they have a bit of roll on grunt Arsey? What did you have before mate

Mainly interested in how everyone finds them around the 50 mph country road to say 70 mph on mways with them being a long stroke do you find they have a bit of roll on grunt Arsey? What did you have before mate

What did he have before? :D

Every 'this is the best bike in the world' for starters

Sorry,haven’t really got one but was curious who would bite.

Wreford won first prize .

Try one, the dealers should have demo's in. My opinion s-l-o-w and heavy. Saying that, if you just wanted to potter about locally or slowly the Himalayan might be a good choice.

RBW.

Cheers everyone haha yeah off on a test ride this week hopefully heard Nathan's Millwards opinions on them but was just curious if any other ex or current GSA owners have had one :)

A little bit from my friend Juan from Colombia who with his girlfriend on her Himalayan cracked 30,000km in 6 months around South America.

Sorry google translate,

On the 19th of July our land is again. It was a special date, since exactly six months before we had ripped off our journey, but as it happened with almost everything we live in it, it wasn't something we would have planned, chance put us on the border just that day to stay Encumbered in our memoirs, just as there were countless good times we live in that half-year in which we traveled thousands of miles over irbis and Luna, our faithful companions who were always firm to face every challenge that brought us the route.

The last few days were to shoot long days, thus the cameras were kept saved and there were no photos accompanying this story, the desire to arrive led us to do three long stages from Puerto López, Ecuador, to our homes. The bikes, like the whole trip, came working very well. That Yes, with quite dirt on it, because the last time they received water and soap was in Brazil, so that they could see dirt collected in 7 countries. But this did not prevent them from shooting the whole day and allowing us to enjoy every stretch of the road with great comfort and more than anything with absolute tranquility for the confidence they earned throughout the journey.

Passport to south can be summarized in several ways, if we look at it in figures it would be something like this: 30.000 km, roads from 9 countries, 17 border crossings, four pairs of tires, two air filters and 6 Of Oil, a couple of spark plugs, two sets of rear brake pills and a few aprons, two chains plus two sprockets, about 600 gallons of gasoline and 24 liters of oil. Beyond the numbers, this journey is summed up in countless experiences, landscapes and places that enriched us as people, in many new friends that by random issues crossed our way by gaining an important place in our hearts. Anyway, passport to the south was the realization of a dream of two friends, which one day got license to imagine something a little crazy and unusual, to escape from routine for a while, let go of sure and let the trip itself He was taking them away, without plans, without a defined route, no force shirts, open to the unexpected.

It only remains to thank each of those people and companies who gave us hands on this long road, from those who supported us in many ways to make it reality, even those who gave us a smile and treated us with warmth at times where That made a big difference. We must also thank you all for joining us here, in this virtual world that gave us the opportunity to share a little of what lived in this whole tour that does not end here, because ultimately life is a journey and passport south was just A stage of ours, a very important and valuable one. We hope you enjoyed it and more than anything motivated them to dream of their own travels, no matter how long, because travel is not far away, it is to open the heart and mind to receive quantity of unimaginable things waiting for us in any Place and that's what we're trying to do on our way.

I’ve ridden a 500 Enfield a few times........ 24bhp.....gutless - think 125....

Ahem..... "Has anyone ridden one ?"

I love how they look, but the riding experience was no better than my 1980 DR400S.

Cheers everyone :) was thinking that might be how they would ride being a long stroke single shame it didn't have about another 20hp
But then I guess you would be getting more vibes

Cheers everyone :) was thinking that might be how they would ride being a long stroke single shame it didn't have about another 20hp
But then I guess you would be getting more vibes

BHP is a funny old thing.... I had a 2016 Hinckley Triumph 55bhp.... thought it would be fine.....gutless.... and that’s taking into account I ride a EVO Electra Glide...

I think on our busy roads... 24bhp would soon become tiresome...alright plodding round Punjab but not Luton...

I had that same debate on a harley drove me nuts but my 650ss Norton with the same power so much more torque :) think Torque plays a bigger part than we give it credit for sometimes

BHP is a funny old thing.... I had a 2016 Hinckley Triumph 55bhp.... thought it would be fine.....gutless.... and that’s taking into account I ride a EVO Electra Glide...

I think on our busy roads... 24bhp would soon become tiresome...alright plodding round Punjab but not Luton...

Dunno....Engineer seems more then happy riding his Rallye around on similar bhp.....

Had a google just out of curiosity. You probably already found the same review in your own search but thought this one in the link below was a little different to the standard bike mag waffle after a cursory launch ride.
They appear to tell it like it is warts and all which may or may not be what you want to hear depending on what you are looking for :thumb2

https://rideexpeditions.com/royal-enfield-himalayan-review/

cheers mate thats on the bs3 version but it is good to see both sides of the coin :)

Back
Top Bottom