Basecamp alternatives

ricfrench

Reaction score
Hi knowledgeable people,
I’m new to all this Basecamp stuff and the nav 6, now, Basecamp persistently refuses to load on my lappy, I can uninstall and reinstall including Basecamp express and it works, once.
Close it and reopen it refuses with an error message “loadlibrary failed with error 1114. A dynamic link library(DLL) initialisation routine failed”
Anyway, I’m now bored with trying to sort it and want to move on with my life.
What other(win10 or older Mac) options do I have?
Ta

I discovered My Route App, its a cloud based system. You can get a 14 day free trial. I have now made up 3 different routes to test it and it all works flawlessly when loaded to my Nav V. It comes with an app called connector, which connects directly to the nav to transfer routes. Its dead easy to use. Map wise, you can do your route in google maps, or Garmin maps or Tom Tom. To transfer to device you select the format you want, I am using GPX V 1.O, there is also a later version which might be better for the Nav VI, but 1.0 works with the Nav V. Now the kicker - the basic version is free the Gold version with all the bells and whistles costs for a 3 year subscription. But as it works, I might just cough up. Its a fully supported app as well, its made by some of the guys who made Tyre. Just try it.

try mapsource that may suit you better, but only on pc, you will need basecamp installed before you install mapsource then you can remove it,

Back
Top Bottom