Fork Overhauling

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 'one stop shop' for stanchion re-chroming and sorting the fork internals (possible re-bushing?).

These guys seem good but I was wondering if anybody has used them and has any feedback?

AM Philpot (Hard Chrome) Ltd in Luton

LINKY

Ta :beerjug:

Andres

Yes, I have used Philpots before to straighten and rechrome the stanchions off a R100RS this year. took about 10 weeks due to their backlog of work.
Stanchions came back like new. £175, good value.

Yes, I have used Philpots before to straighten and rechrome the stanchions off a R100RS this year. took about 10 weeks due to their backlog of work.
Stanchions came back like new. £175, good value.

Lovely, thank you ~ they sound busy boys, I better get moving!

Andres

+1 for Philpots they trued and hard chromed a set of GSXR1100 stanchions for me about 12 years ago and even though the bike sits in a shed the chrome is still in perfect condition

Try KAIS or Maxton.

Both of them will strip and overhaul forks, doing things such as revalving and respringing to suit rider or race conditions.

Maybe if you flutter your eyelashes at them they'll do the job for you.

Regarding Philpotts, I got a brand new OEM fork stanchion for my GL1100 at a much lower price than what they were going to charge for a rechrome.

Try KAIS or Maxton.

Both of them will strip and overhaul forks, doing things such as revalving and respringing to suit rider or race conditions.

Maybe if you flutter your eyelashes at them they'll do the job for you.

Regarding Philpotts, I got a brand new OEM fork stanchion for my GL1100 at a much lower price than what they were going to charge for a rechrome.

Thing is with Philpots they use industrial hard chroming the same as used on hydraulic rams for JCB's etc that is precision ground to the correct specs, the finish and durability far exceeds that of original and aftermarket fork stanchions

Cheers guys ~ in the end I've gone with the one stop shop that is Mikeyboy on here, he'll be refurbing the forks and Dynasurf the re-chroming :)

Thing is with Philpots they use industrial hard chroming the same as used on hydraulic rams for JCB's etc that is precision ground to the correct specs, the finish and durability far exceeds that of original and aftermarket fork stanchions

Yeah but....yeah but....the original lasted 32 years.

So if I get even remotely similar from the replacement, I don't think I need Philpotts. :D

Yeah but,
Getting Oe stanchions or pattern for a rare bultaco hmmmmm.
Dynasurf is hard chrome,you can tell by the colour,and,, in the one instance we have had a problem,with an oversize grind it was sorted about as fast as humanly possible.IE next day.
Try that with a company that has a 10 week lead time.

Back
Top Bottom