Thruxton R

I couldn't think of anything worse.

I know a bloke who does a lovely twenty miles each way (windy road, hugging the coast) commute on a Moto Guzzi Griso......only in summer mind....;)

I always think that it's a great way to start the day. Summer sun coming up, early start, just getting the MG out of the garage and starting her up must get the juices flowing.

Nice, and oh so :cool:

Don’t rise to these idiots ... us R owners must stick together ... even if I don’t ride mine.

Enjoy your ride wherever it takes you .

Attachments

• 8D21D3DA-4CBA-44C1-BA76-6614AA346209.jpg
    8D21D3DA-4CBA-44C1-BA76-6614AA346209.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 579
Don’t rise to these idiots ... us R owners must stick together ... even if I don’t ride mine.

Enjoy your ride wherever it takes you .

Such a great looking bike possibly the best :) I am now up to nearly 4000 miles since last June, not bad considering most of the year I am on the GS.

I got one a month or so ago. Love it. Can’t believe some thing so beautiful is such a blast to ride !
ba0d2d79e8167ae520355463547740ca.jpg

I am chuffed with my std Thruxton. It's given me my biking mojo back, I am going out for rides for the sake of it, haven't done that for years. Too many years of commuting on my GS meant that come the weekend riding was the last thing I fancied doing. Retiring early and getting the Thruxton was a good move. I am considering putting T120 bars and headstock on it though. The rearsets can stay as they aren't very. I have also fitted a dual comfort seat and rear pegs as the solo seat was a pain in the arse - literally.

I am chuffed with my std Thruxton. It's given me my biking mojo back, I am going out for rides for the sake of it, haven't done that for years. Too many years of commuting on my GS meant that come the weekend riding was the last thing I fancied doing. Retiring early and getting the Thruxton was a good move. I am considering putting T120 bars and headstock on it though. The rearsets can stay as they aren't very. I have also fitted a dual comfort seat and rear pegs as the solo seat was a pain in the arse - literally.

If you’re still on standard suspension you might be interested by this

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/448144-T100-T120-Round-2/page4?highlight=T120

If you’re still on standard suspension you might be interested by this

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/448144-T100-T120-Round-2/page4?highlight=T120

Thanks for that. I had noticed the suspension wasn't as plush as my GS (Wilbers) or Mille (Ohlins) but I was hoping the rear shocks might get more compliant with miles. The forks I can live with (for now). The two pot sliding brake calipers lack feel as well but TBH as a package I am happy as I didn't buy it to be a track blade.

Thanks for that. I had noticed the suspension wasn't as plush as my GS (Wilbers) or Mille (Ohlins) but I was hoping the rear shocks might get more compliant with miles. The forks I can live with (for now). The two pot sliding brake calipers lack feel as well but TBH as a package I am happy as I didn't buy it to be a track blade.

The brakes seem to get better after a few thousand kms , they stop you pretty well if needed you just have to give them a good squeeze

....they stop you pretty well if needed you just have to give them a good squeeze

Which suits me just fine. The bike I chopped in for the Thruxton had top spec radial Brembo's, active suspension and more electronic aids than you can shake a stick at, and to be honest it left me a bit cold. I found myself looking at MT-07's and the like and thinking that's all I want really. I ended up with the Thruxton and I am much happier, it reminds me why I ride a bike, it's fun.

Back
Top Bottom