Tyre to Travel - Can’t send to Nav V

Tony Smith

de-Smiffy
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why my BMW Nav V shows up as a Tom Tom on Tyre to Travel and as such, I can't transfer routes from Tyre to my Nav V ?

My Garmin 660 shows up as a Garmin and works just fine?

Do you know if the Nav V (which is a Garmin) cannot be used on Tyre or is there some little trick I've missed?

Can you PM me if you know?

Cheers,
Tony.

Hey,

Thanks for this, really greatly appreciated.

I still can't understand why Tyre shows my Nav V as a Tom Tom, however, reading the link you sent me made me realise that the file had saved the route as an itinerary file, not a GP Exchange file.

Having saved it as a GP Ex file, I can transfer it manually onto my Nav V.

Normally you can just use the copy to Garmin button (or Tom Tom as mine shows???), but you can also do this direct from the file to the Nav 5 if it is a GP Ex file.

Thank you.

Anyone else know why the Nav 5 shows as a Tom Tom when my Garmin 660 shows as a Garmin?????

Cheers,
Tony.

Found by Googling ‘Tyre can’t send to Nav V’

Why doesn’t it work as it used to? The latest Garmin / Navigator devices are different from the old ones. Tyre needs to catch up. If ever in doubt or you find a route won’t move from one source to another, always try .gpx before trying anything else.

TYRE is getting very tired...
The creators of TYRE have a much newer, up to date and efficient offering in MyRouteApp..
It works well with TonTom and Garmin devices, and easier to use than TYRE

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom