LED spot/fog-light 2015 GSA stopped working.

stinkynut

Reaction score
OEM Led foglight has stopped working on my 2015 GSA.

Right (looking forward) light functions fine. Electrics seem to be working as I replaced it with the right light (the one that worked) and it works fine. So it looks like the light itself is dud.

The unit itself does not seem to open easily to check for water ingress. No issues with the contacts. Think it stopped after a jet wash a couple of weeks ago.

Can these be fixed or do I need to call the dealer to replace? The bike itself is still covered under extended warranty so hopefully, these are covered.

IMG_2801.JPG

OEM Led foglight has stopped working on my 2015 GSA.

Right (looking forward) light functions fine. Electrics seem to be working as I replaced it with the right light (the one that worked) and it works fine. So it looks like the light itself is dud.

The unit itself does not seem to open easily to check for water ingress. No issues with the contacts. Think it stopped after a jet wash a couple of weeks ago.

Can these be fixed or do I need to call the dealer to replace? The bike itself is still covered under extended warranty so hopefully, these are covered.

IMG_2801.JPG

I’ve had plenty of these changed out under warranty
The units aren’t openable to swap out the bulbs
It’s a whole new unit that’s needed.
But check the whole wire from end to end and dry it out
Then use some really thick grease on the contacts

If this doesn’t work, swap out for some decent ones, not the BMW oem units,you won’t regret it.
Or see if they will change it under your warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this issue after I washed mine last week. I took the light off and placed in the sun for a few hours. It worked OK after that. I need to see if I can seal the connections somehow.

I had this. Mines a 2016. You can take them apart and they are known for letting water in via the rear connected wired plug. Especially after a jet wash (never jet was a bike, it’s very bad for them BTW). Mine was changed under warranty but not until after I stripped it down and dryed everything and cleaned etc. Put some electricians putty in the the electricial connection when you get a new one. It’s stops the water ingress. You release the electrical by slogans a long thing screw driver from the front of the light through the hole at the top front of the light which releases the rear connector. Then it’s jist a case of removing the screws etc

There's been a very detailed posting in the past on how to waterproof these spots, but for the life of me I can't find it using the search bar.

I to have had this problem and had one changed under warranty, not happened since, I assume additional water proofing sealant was applied.

The latest models now have a differing light, but I understand additional connecting leads need to be purchased to use them

Back
Top Bottom