Interphone & TFT Connectivity Issue

Edward Hitler

Reaction score
Maybe people know this and maybe they don't. The issue between Interphone (Urban / Sport / Tour) units and the TFT screen (mainly not being able to make calls) has now been sorted. A new firmware version has been issued which I uploaded last night and now everything works fine.

Cheers

Eddy

Hi Eddy,

I just bought an Interphone Tour from the bike show and am totally frustrated about setting it up.

I have a 1200gsa with TFT screen and Navigator VI satnav, also a Samsung J5 phone.

I have tried pairing the phone with the TFT and the Headset with the TFT and although it make calls I cant hear the ring tone or the person I call although they can hear me.

I have tried un-pairing with the TFT and then pairing both with the Satnav VI and can then hear the satnav but not make phone calls.

The instruction do not make it clear what items you have to pair together or do you connect them all together?

Any help would be appreciated before I chuck it all in the bin.

Attachments

• head set.jpeg
    head set.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,533
Thanks Eddy,

I thought I had updated to the latest version and then downloaded The Cellularline "Setup Menu" to my PC which connects to the Interphone headset which showed the version was only 136, have now downloaded version 147 from their website and the release notes say it connects to the BMW TFT, so I'll give it a go.

Latest update v161 I did on my F5MC was meant to fix the TFT issue. I don't have a TFT on my GS and now I can't hear music from my nav5! An update I didn't need and can't undo has now killed my tunes when out and about.

Have now fixed my issue; re above post. I've plugged both F5 units into laptop and downloaded v110. An earlier software patch. I can now listen to music on my Nav5. Hoo bloody ray.
Why I didn't spot this earlier i'll never know. You need to select 'advanced' in the Super Tooth Wizard. You can then select the previous patch. The one I selected was from 2015 i think!!

Hi Eddy,

I just bought an Interphone Tour from the bike show and am totally frustrated about setting it up.

I have a 1200gsa with TFT screen and Navigator VI satnav, also a Samsung J5 phone.

I have tried pairing the phone with the TFT and the Headset with the TFT and although it make calls I cant hear the ring tone or the person I call although they can hear me.

I have tried un-pairing with the TFT and then pairing both with the Satnav VI and can then hear the satnav but not make phone calls.

The instruction do not make it clear what items you have to pair together or do you connect them all together?

Just in case it helps - from your diagram I would say you do not need the pair between the phone and the interphone unit.

I run a Interphone F5MC with a GS - although does not work with TFT at present but I have no bluetooth pair between phone and Interphone - all phone comms goes up the link to the Nav5 and then back out of the Nav5 to the Interphone headset.

Hope this helps

I have an inter phone and a 1250GS and have had all kinds of issues with connectivity. However, the magic formula for success seems to be NOT connecting the headset to the phone and ensuring that I had the latest firmware.

All issues resolved with this approach.

I have an inter phone and a 1250GS and have had all kinds of issues with connectivity. However, the magic formula for success seems to be NOT connecting the headset to the phone and ensuring that I had the latest firmware.

All issues resolved with this approach.

Thanks - could you confirm which model on Interphone you are using - Tour? F5MC? etc?

Thanks - could you confirm which model on Interphone you are using - Tour? F5MC? etc?
It is the Interphone Link Twin Pack. F6 I believe? My phone is an iPhone X and it is used with the TFT and Nav 6.

Hi Eddy,

Stealing your diagrammatic approach, here's my setup:

IMG_1080-M.jpg

And here's what it looks like connected:

IMG_1081-M.jpg

Add in the car's Bluetooth, Alexa, the Bluetooth-enabled microwave, work iPhone in the top box, and passing traffic and it's no surprise that nothing ever quite works as expected!

So after ten minutes wobbling down the road trying to press the right button on the headset at the same time as fiddling around with the thumbwheel trying to find the audio settings without turning off the spotlights, adjusting the suspension, buying something off Ebay and sending my bank details to the son of the former Minister for Oil in Lagos, I turn the bloody thing off and ride in silence, fuming at the expense of all the kit!

I have interphone Tour connected to TFT, and TFT connected to Huawei. Music stored on the phone plays via the tft,, BMW connected App running in the background. Nav 5 is stand alone, but operated via the wonder wheel as and when necessary. I don’t use/miss verbal directions from the Nav, and speed camera warnings flash up across the top of the nav. Phone works fine for in coming and out going calls, all names in phone book come across in to the tft.

The only issue I then have is connecting to another interphone (pillion or bike). I have to disconnect one of the devises connected - usually the phone, to then connect to the other interphone.

It’s frustrating but I’ve accepted it’s the best it can be.

Rich

Stealing your diagrammatic approach, here's my setup:

IMG_1080-M.jpg

And here's what it looks like connected:

IMG_1081-M.jpg

Add in the car's Bluetooth, Alexa, the Bluetooth-enabled microwave, work iPhone in the top box, and passing traffic and it's no surprise that nothing ever quite works as expected!

So after ten minutes wobbling down the road trying to press the right button on the headset at the same time as fiddling around with the thumbwheel trying to find the audio settings without turning off the spotlights, adjusting the suspension, buying something off Ebay and sending my bank details to the son of the former Minister for Oil in Lagos, I turn the bloody thing off and ride in silence, fuming at the expense of all the kit!

Thank you that just made me laugh out loud, just what I needed today!

there is a facebook group page for TFT comms ,its a great forum of info for all connections

Hi, found this forum while looking how to resolve my problem:

New Interphone Tour & BMW TFT Connectivity, would pair but no TX/RX (transmit / receive) on mobile phone on Interphone, and no sound from playing media on phone on Interphone Intercom.

Here's what I've done to fix it.

1. Download Software Updater for Firmware from here https://www.interphone.com/en-gb/Firmware (This is for GB by the way)
2. Follow Installation instructions presented on the screen, they are important, don't just click NEXT.
3. Upgrade to Version F6TR147, this fixes a compatibility issue with the BMW TFT, as detailed in their release notes.

Rev. Date Description
R147 02 Jul 2018
• Add: added compatibility with Bmw Connectivity multimedia TFT system.
• Add: added compatibility with Honda Goldwing 2018 multimedia system.
R146 27 Mar 2018
• Mod: Optimized energy management to reach up to 25 hours.
• Fix: improved compatibility with some Samsung smartphones (A8, J3 ecc).
• Fix: improved compatibility with SENA devices.
• Add: compatibility with KTM MYRIDE multimedia system.

4. Clear ALL existing Bluetooth Pairings from TFT / NAV / Interphone Tour & Mobile Phone
5. Pair Interphone Tour to TFT as Riders Helmet
6. Pair Mobile Phone to TFT as Mobile Phone - Accept Contacts and Calls Import prompt
7. Pair Interphone Tour to NAV

Always have helmet comms switched on first before switching bike on.

Hope this helps others.

Nick :beerjug:

Hey guys.

I have a f750 gs with the tft and an interphone tour. Also with the R147 updated in the intercom and my bike if from this june.

Even when i remove the pairing between intercom and the phone all worked better but still miss the radio listening. Any one of you guys have a workaround? Mine is to switch of the intercom while riding and the switch on again and quickly press the radio button.

thanks in advance.

Hey guys.

I have a f750 gs with the tft and an interphone tour. Also with the R147 updated in the intercom and my bike if from this june.

Even when i remove the pairing between intercom and the phone all worked better but still miss the radio listening. Any one of you guys have a workaround? Mine is to switch of the intercom while riding and the switch on again and quickly press the radio button.

thanks in advance.

Have you loaded the BMW Motorrad connected app and have it running in the background?

Hello,

Of course, but that's another problem.:blast

When i bought the bike (in June) i've downloaded the app and i use it just to try it out and all was fine. And then at the beginning of August the app had an update and the voice from the directions lost the Portuguese language and speaks in english. That doesn't make sense because i have the map labels in settings in the local language and the only map i've downloaded is Portugal. I've already trade several email with the developers and they say that the only Portuguese supported language is Portuguese from Brasil...!!???

I can't understand how they said that after i had the app working for one month and some days. And as i have an iphone and it's true that siri only have Portuguese from Brasil (which by the way for those who don't know the diference it's huge in the principal directions names) they gave that as an excuse.

If that is right how can all the other gps apps that i have are In Portuguese from Portugal? It tell you, because the spoken voice is downloaded with the maps. :D

I must agree with someone that write where in the forum, we pay to much for this kind of equipment from bmw, and still have to debug it.

Regarding my F750GS no complains. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom