Travel insurance (Irish residents).

Good info, especially as my house insurance is with them and they were good to deal with on a claim a few years ago. Thanks for climbing the burning rope Marc :)
You're most welcome :beerjug:. The saying "Information is power" comes to mind ;):D.

p.s: good to see you online. Long time no hear. Hope alls well Bikewise with you. :thumb2

travelinsurance.ie : good website, easy to use.
However, i had some questions, rang the phone number (in small text at the bottom of the page) and waited.....
after a time a recording told me to leave my number and they would get back to me. So i did.
Got fed up waiting - rang again. Same thing.
Eventually got a call back the next day.

Meantime i got onto 123.ie - where i had got travel insurance for the past 3 years.
Had to go through the usual "but we dont provide cover for motorcycles" conversation / gave the usual reply of "i'm not looking for motor cover - just travel insurance" :rolleyes: . Quoted last years policy number and the penny finally dropped with them.
End result is a premium of €75ish for myself and Mrs Og / travelinsurance.ie was €88. little difference in cover but much better to deal with on phone.
Spoke to a real person straightaway.
If it's any use heres the contact details of the very helpful call centre chap, who i presume is on commission.
(gods help him if he is - coz he certainly earnt it dealing with me! :D )

123.ie
Ph: 01 841 8549 ask for Joe King

at least he will be familiar with the "issues" of travelling by Motorcycle by now. :D

Insurance is only ever tested when you make a claim. I was reassured by the service (so far :augie ) from 123. I was not, by the service from travelinsurance.ie - who are by the way a team of ten people :eek: as i found out when the chap finally did phone me back. From London. :blast

as they say "your mileage may vary"
Good Luck

That number is not in service,

I talked to Joe King. Guess what.
With the M\C cover they include A&E but not personal injury !!!!!!!!
Excluded: loss of limb\sight etc, death.

Here we go again

Looks like "123.ie" are about the best - in a limited way :rolleyes:. Again.
Anyone got a better idea? :nenau

Ta in advance. :beerjug:

I went with Laya www.layatravelinsurance.ie a few weeks ago for a trip to Spain.
Very reasonable and yes they covered motorcycling provided it's over 50cc, not used for racing/competition and not the main activity of the trip. I'm a bit dubious about the last one but in our case were were based in an appartment for the duration of the holiday so I have convinced myself accordingly. Anyway, I'm back now and thankfully didn't need them.

i Use Blue Insurance multi trip and specify which grade you require for the different activities, Of course they are all great on paper, its when you need to use it you then find out how good the cover is.

bleedin' funny men!

Are you Joe King?

No, I'm dead serious!

Surely you can't be serious.

Yes, I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
I know, coat, door.
Oh FFS!:blast :p :D

Moving swiftly on :rolleyes: ..
I went back to 123.ie for about the 4th / 5th (?) year in a row.
Same cost as last year. :thumb2
Same cover - which is as good as it gets without getting into telephone number quotations.
Spoke to Mr Joe King again. He sends his regards to all of yiz [ :upyou ] Actually he was much more polite. Has noted that this topic comes up on Motorcycle forums, in particular this one, and should be able to answer any questions without resorting to "i'll ask my supervisor and call you back". :rolleyes:
ANYhow, the reason i mention that if that should you try 123.ie you should NOT get the usual "oh we dont cover motorcycle trips" waffle.

your mileage may vary
terms and conditions apply
subject to acceptance
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

i Use Blue Insurance multi trip and specify which grade you require for the different activities

That's the one. Grade 3, from memory, for cover while riding a bike even if it's over 250cc. Just about to renew at 48e for the year

Back
Top Bottom