Gettin' your hoofs wet on the Hogroast ford run

Deleted account 220427002

Reaction score
As usual it turned out to be great fun... in my case just watching :)

Fanum tests tests the depth

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

like ducks to the slaughter!!!

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

it was all going too well!!!

drop.jpg

drop2.jpg

drop3.jpg

pickup.jpg

sorry I'm soooo bad with names....someone keep me right with the causality list

just half a river of water in the engine...so plugs off and turn the beast over

someone i hope has pics of the bike lifted up to drain the water from the exhaust.....now that was cool!!!!

waterinbike.jpg

ducks didn't have the same problems

ducks.jpg

a check for big stones before the return back across

denlooksaround.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Mr. pint 6x

IMG_1557.jpg

makes it look as easier than pitchin' a tent

pint6x.jpg

Bill was given out rides.....

billgivesalift.jpg

some made it look like they did this every weekend......and it was there first time!!!:p :cool:

IMG_1564.jpg

as i don't know the names of the fords ...Fanum ..do a bit of editing in names please:)

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Bills got a small one ...at least thats what Mrs Soft Baps said!!

she nearly died of shock when Bill rode through the ford instead of over the small wooden footbridge:eek: :eek: ...her new pride and joy.....wet

billsgotasmallone.jpg

then there was droxford 183 mtrs up a stream to a mill pond that if you went wrong droped to about 5 feet deep!!!

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

this is where pint 1X had to jump for it (thats Pint6X's son).the bike kept getting stuck so he had to jump for the bank... which he didn't quite fully make.

thelongone3.jpg

thelongone.jpg

and the mill pond at the end of it

IMG_1567.jpg

i think this was the last one...

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

their and back again

IMG_1581.jpg

another spill and boots needed drainin'

fullyourboots.jpg

Top maks to all who did it ..and not watched like me:beerjug: :beerjug:

that was a fantastic day - thanks to bill for doing the recce and the organisation.

bloody good fun and good teamwork to sort out the bikes that came a cropper.

My boots are still drying out !

good photos tuned-in

TUNED IN said:
sorry I'm soooo bad with names....someone keep me right with the causality list ..... someone i hope has pics of the bike lifted up to drain the water from the exhaust.....now that was cool!!!!
Ewan McGregor - eat your heart out. :D This bought back a lot of happy memories Tuned In - apart from when I dropped it. :rolleyes: If anyone got a photo of the vertical bike (not mine luckily) please put it on here - I want to use it as my screensaver - now that has to be a conversation stopper. :D

Have to agree with Pint6x top day out very well organised and a friendly bunch of guys and girls not forgetting future GSers Will and Andrew’s daughter (sorry I didn’t get you’re name.)
:beerjug:

This is for Jinkxy

New avatar

Attachments

• yellowsubmarine.jpg
    yellowsubmarine.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 524
Great piccies Gary:thumb

Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it what it was......'specially Dennis who rode back marker for us all :D

I think I got the best deal though...three lovely ladies clinging on to my back and squealing in delight (or maybe fear :D )

No major damage done- not actually fording anyway..poor old MickRW's little spill on the u turn on that nasty incline (sorry Mick....not really anywhere else to stop and line up there :( ) and Mrs Soft Baps ikkle drop out of the turning scuffing the lever tip......It's called 'character' Becky ;)

Nice work from the submarine recovery crew.....I'm pretty sure it's Mrs SB herself who has the piccies of the 1150 standing on its rear end to be emptied and hopefully it'll pop up here soon :D

I'll post the route after I've removed the ones we didn't do......it's a nice afternoon out for anyone in that area and the long one at Droxford is worth travelling to......a lovely litttle splosh chasing the trout down the river and oe of the highlights for me :)

Thanks also to Clive the wafter who helped me check the fords out on the Friday.....

I'll be doing another one from Princetown in a few months time so I look forwards to seeing some familiar faces and some fording virgins on that oe hopefully :D

PS for anyone who did the ride, check your engine oil for emulsification, and undo the final drive cap and check in there as well...it only takes 5 mins tops and it's well worth it just in case...I've never had any probs though.

For Taff the submariner especially, whip out the plug coils mate and dry around the hole in the head......the water will sit in there behind the rubber seal and rot the plug coil....DAMHIK ;)

The fords Pictured BTW....the first one with the submarine incident was Goodworth Clatford (we can't do Sarsom even though it's a lovely little ford as it appears to be on what is now a footpath :( )

The one with muddy water is Tichbourne and the final one in Gary's pics is Longparish.

Here is one...

Taff said:
Ewan McGregor - eat your heart out. :D This bought back a lot of happy memories Tuned In - apart from when I dropped it. :rolleyes: If anyone got a photo of the vertical bike (not mine luckily) please put it on here - I want to use it as my screensaver - now that has to be a conversation stopper. :D
if its any good

Attachments

• dsc00027.jpg
    dsc00027.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,021
here's some more

new1.jpg

i did get one of the wheel in the air but it was taken from 30 yards away;)

newwheelup.jpg

turning the engine over with the plugs out

new2.jpg

a bit of smoke after the water was poured out

newafterwheelup.jpg

new5.jpg

new4.jpg

new3.jpg

this is where pint 1X had to jump for it (thats Pint6X's son).the bike kept getting stuck so he had to jump for the bank... which he didn't quite fully make.

Yes, apologies to little Willie, in fact it wasn't so much that the bike was getting stuck, just that couldn't control the shaking bars two-up. But it was an heroic leap that he made from the pillion seat to the bank.......well almost:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom