BRITISH NATIONAL GRID and NAV VI / V

septikangel

Reaction score
Anyone else use British National Grid on their Nav VI?
Any BNG ref. input, appears to be out by quite a bit to the east when used.
Puts me in a different street / location entirely than the one I need.
Post codes appear to be working correctly, but the associated BNG ref. for any post code is otherwise shown to the West in a different location.
Have spoken with Garmin who accept there is a software issue and that BNG needs updating on the VI.
When???
Can't tell me :nenau
How often do they update these things?
Can't tell me :nenau
So my VI is currently useless to me and was bought brand new with the bike in early July.
Wonder how far it will skim/skip across a pond.
Dealer is trying to be helpful and offering a Nav V in exchange :-X
Does BNG work okay on Nav V's?

Seems to work on the Nav V, although you do need an 8 figure grid reference. Tried the example for the old OS office in Southampton and it seemed to be in the right place. Could try a specific grid if you want :)

Update for anyone wanting to use British National Grid coordinates on Nav V or VI.
Directly input to either Nav V or Nav VI, BNG will not show the location you seek with any accuracy.
This problem will prevail until Garmin complete their 'promised' software update on the problem.
However, after conversation on another forum, a friend has indicated that while he has similar issues, locating the BNG location in basecamp, creating a waypoint and then transferring to your Nav unit, will place the required coordinates in the correct location on your Nav V or VI map.
I can confirm that appears to be the case, so happy days :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom