M&P Empire expanding

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
M&Ps opening up in Cardiff, off hadfield road.
BMW Motarrad, Honda, in separate buildings with workshops inbetween, also usual mega clothing and kit shop.
Maybe cause a few sleepless nights for the existing dealers in the area!

JR Ewing and Cliff Barnes

I get the feeling there's a war going on between M&P and Riders:nenau:thumby:

Expect a Harley dealer from M&P in Cardiff in the near future ?.:nenau:thumby:

Still no planning permission. Maybe M & P will just buy/lease Riders after the vacate in November.

Id say not a hope in hell as Jessop owns the building and the tool station one next door.

Did a dealer search on the BMW site and came up with this:

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/public-pool/content-pool/dealerlocator.html

Cardiff Bay Motorrad
1 MI
Glynstell Park Cardiff CF11 8TR
+44 (1792) 224458

Now I know its not there yet but :nenau

Web site address has been taken as well.

Very cloak and dagger :rolleyes: M&P Hardley Ableson opening soon which holds no interest for me, it seems they may be getting the BMW franchise at some point in the future, in the meantime I will be using Dick Lovett in Bristol, I don't have a lot of faith in M&P as a brand so I suspect Dick Lovett will keep my business for the foreseeable future.

Very cloak and dagger :rolleyes: M&P Hardley Ableson opening soon which holds no interest for me, it seems they may be getting the BMW franchise at some point in the future, in the meantime I will be using Dick Lovett in Bristol, I don't have a lot of faith in M&P as a brand so I suspect Dick Lovett will keep my business for the foreseeable future.

No I don't either but for branded stuff,cleaner, ACF50 and other bits and bobs through the post there are bargains to be had. That's why i went to bristol for my KTM , I will however in the next few months be paying a BMW dealer a visit.
Just as you say just not M+P.

I ended up going to Swansea for a yearly service and MOT, (would have done it myself but couldn’t due to warranty) so not a lot to do. Upon arriving I was told it’d be 2 1/2 hours! I ended up having to stay there for 3 1/2 hours. Not a happy bunny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up going to Swansea for a yearly service and MOT, (would have done it myself but couldn’t due to warranty) so not a lot to do. Upon arriving I was told it’d be 2 1/2 hours! I ended up having to stay there for 3 1/2 hours. Not a happy bunny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems reasonable to run over. Buggers probably had lunch.

I went down to the HD opening last weekend......... It looks like half the showroom is Hd the other half I’m not sure about.They had a big banner up in it though which had Bmw ,Guzzi and a others named on it.So I’m guessing they may have a few brands in there when it’s fully up and running.......

M and P Swansea

Took a trip there last weekend with the youngest. Something to do on a rainy Saturday. Anyway the Showroom across from the original building is now a half completed BMW and Honda dealership. They have obviously invested money into the buildings and I just cannot see them also opening a BMW Dealership up in Cardiff. I might well be wrong but if Riders could not make it work why would M and P think they could run two successfully close by each other. All IMHO of course

My understanding was that Riders were faced with BMW giving M and P the opportunity to open in Swansea, thus potentially removing all or most of their western customers, whilst simultaneously upping Riders profit target by 50%. Not so much as they "couldn't make it work" but more a kick in the balls by BMW.

My business will be going to Bristol, unless I sell the bike because I cannot afford health insurance for Europe.

I can remember when M&P used to do COD :)

had a fair few parts delivered to my works that way :thumb2

Popped in yesterday. BMW and Honda showrooms in the new building now open. Kawasaki and Harley in the old building as well as KTM, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi. Great to have all this in Swansea!

Popped in Cardiff branch yesterday for a look around.
Hardley motorcycles at front, clothing and accessories on the other side of workshops.
more to follow opposite. Must have a lot of other dealers thinbking hard!
Aprilia and Moto Guzzis too
no caff yet
It all seems to a bit souless though, bare concrete floors.
However, They will need to sharpen their act up if they want to match the customer service we are used to at other dealers, someone on their staff actually came over and talked to us, asked if there was anything specific we wanted help with, and looked interested! He needs a good talking to by the powers that be!

Back
Top Bottom