Any Owners Yet?

stonehenge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, has anyone bought a F750GS or F850GS? Thoughts? Any accessories out there yet?

I've had an 850GS for a whole 3 days and I've only managed a couple of hundred miles on it up to now so I'm still getting the hang of it but lets say I'm not disappointed.
As for accessories then there are a few from Wunderlich just starting to filter through.

I have mine for a 1 month now.
Amazing bike. Already rode 1200 miles and I tried a few greenlanes. It's not as heavy as it seems.

If you planning to get one, check the one with PRO mode. The stock comes with only ROAD and RAIN, which is not bad. But for a proper adventure bike you might want to get the ENDURO and DYNAMIC

For the equips. I heard that the topbox and panniers are interchangeable with R1200GS. Plus touratech and some other brands already have things for it. And as far as I know, the F800GS parts don't fit in the F850GS :(

Cheers

Not me. Having waited months for it to appear and then being underwhelmed by the 750 demonstrator, I bought a V-Strom instead.

I was the opposite; as an ex 3x V Strom (2x1000's , 1x650) I wanted to like the new V Strom 650. Whilst the motor and suspension was nice, the reach to the bars was way too far and it just felt cheap. The F750GS demo from CW fitted well, had an excellent engine and chassis and looked high quality.

I have mine for a 1 month now.
Amazing bike. Already rode 1200 miles and I tried a few greenlanes. It's not as heavy as it seems.

If you planning to get one, check the one with PRO mode. The stock comes with only ROAD and RAIN, which is not bad. But for a proper adventure bike you might want to get the ENDURO and DYNAMIC

For the equips. I heard that the topbox and panniers are interchangeable with R1200GS. Plus touratech and some other brands already have things for it. And as far as I know, the F800GS parts don't fit in the F850GS :(

Cheers

I have a F750GS Sport on order which has Dynamic and ABS Pro. I found the 750 sweeter in terms of road riding and is exactly the same dimensions from the Hubs up (the 850 having taller off road coping suspension).

400 miles in two days on new 850 much better than I thought with plenty of poke not disappointed after 6 1200s I needed a change .
Just need someone to show me how the fancy screen works for a Luddite

Still struggling to find the engine crash bars :(
In July BMW said they would have it at the end of August, still nothing. The new date is Mid September.

Tried to find somewhere else, but it seems only Wunderlich have it, but not in stock, mid September as well for engine bars, October for tank bars :(

Still struggling to find the engine crash bars :(
In July BMW said they would have it at the end of August, still nothing. The new date is Mid September.

Tried to find somewhere else, but it seems only Wunderlich have it, but not in stock, mid September as well for engine bars, October for tank bars :(

Do you really need them ?

Live dangerously

The original plan is to do more off-road, so it's better to be safe.

The plastic handguard is another problem and BMW itself doesn't have a metal one.
Luckily, barkbusters already has the 2 point point guards. I just ordered and it will arrive next Friday

Impatiently awaiting the arrival of my F750GS Sport in mid November. Meanwhile I’m shopping for goodies. Looking forward to read your reviews on screen upgrades from Puig, Wunderlich and Touratec. Any advice welcome.

Impatiently awaiting the arrival of my F750GS Sport in mid November. Meanwhile I’m shopping for goodies. Looking forward to read your reviews on screen upgrades from Puig, Wunderlich and Touratec. Any advice welcome.

Just got the engine and the tank bars from Wunderlich and handle protectors from Barkbusters. They fit perfectly!
Also got a tankbag from Held, it fits, but not 100%, as the way to "tie" the straps is different.

I will get some pictures this weekend and i post them here.

Givi have developed a sports screen, touring screen and most importantly an Airflow.

Back
Top Bottom