Helmet cam

Format

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After 6 years of being in hospital periodically I am back biking again.

My poor R1200 GS 2010 has been in storage for all this time and still has only 10k on the clocks.

I am a great believer of the dash cam that I own and have on the car, could anyone suggest a good one for a helmet that is not going to break the bank?

Any suggestions greatly received.

I would have suggested a Roadhawk R+ Bullet camera, but I cant see them on their website anymore.

We've literally just added them to our websitewill take a couple hours to show stock, we have stock so if you ordered one now, you'd have it by Friday

We've literally just added them to our websitewill take a couple hours to show stock, we have stock so if you ordered one now, you'd have it by Friday

Why does the detail tag specifically state “BT Remote Not Compatible”?

Do the still shots carry any meta data such as time/date?

Any idea what's happened to Sena Prism Tube?
I tried to buy one when I bought my gear and Sena 10U off you guys, but they don't seem to be available anywhere last time I looked

Any idea what's happened to Sena Prism Tube?
I tried to buy one when I bought my gear and Sena 10U off you guys, but they don't seem to be available anywhere last time I looked

I think Drift dominated the market for helmet cameras, the Tomtom Bandit sold way too few units to continue, same for the Sena prism and even a brand called Wasp. They all did "ok" but by far Drift in the mtoorcycle industry dominate the market, along with Go Pro... who we used to deal with until they changed hands.

Sick of waiting for the replacement Sena Tube and seeing as Drift are producing garbage now, I've taken the plunge and bought GoPro's....BUT....better than a Drift you can only just turn on and off by taking your hands off the bars and fumbling for the right button, or the £300 job that doesn't work half the time.....Then there's the promise of a new model from Sena Tube, promises, promises :blast

Why does the detail tag specifically state “BT Remote Not Compatible”?

Do the still shots carry any meta data such as time/date?

The Remote is only for the 4K model, it won't link into the Ghost X camera unfortunately.

As for the Still shots I don't believe so no.

I have received my Drift Ghost X and must say I think it is a great piece of kit. Image quality is excellent, I was surprised to see it was a lot better than the videos on youtube.

It does not stick out like most cameras and it is hard to see since I have a black matt helmet.

I am glad I posted on here as it is better than what I thought was out there and also getting the extra discount from Motocentral :thumb

Just be careful where you use it.

<a href="https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/08/using-your-dash-cam-abroad-what-you-need-to-know-about-driving-in-europe/" target="_blank">Linky</a>

Just be careful where you use it.

<a href="https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/08/using-your-dash-cam-abroad-what-you-need-to-know-about-driving-in-europe/" target="_blank">Linky</a>

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks, but I can't take the credit, someone else posted about this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So in Austria is it illegal as a non Austrian citizen to ride there with a bike mounted 2 camera system that is permanently fitted to the bike? I could take the SD card out but the system will still be fitted

If you’re after a dash cam style camera setup for the bike, you can’t beat the INNOVV C5. It’s purpose built for bikes, waterproof, easy to setup, films 1080 at 60fps (Ghost X only does 30fps so you lose detail if you need to take a screenshot from the recording, handy for insurance purposes etc) and is totally automatic so starts/stops recording when you start/stop the ignition.

It even has an inbuilt monitor that detects sudden movements and automatically stores the associated file so it won’t be overwritten until you clear it.

They’ve just released a newer front and rear system for motorbikes, but I’ve not personally tried that as yet.

100% recommend the C5 though, excellent piece of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re after a dash cam style camera setup for the bike, you can’t beat the INNOVV C5. It’s purpose built for bikes, waterproof, easy to setup, films 1080 at 60fps (Ghost X only does 30fps so you lose detail if you need to take a screenshot from the recording, handy for insurance purposes etc) and is totally automatic so starts/stops recording when you start/stop the ignition.

It even has an inbuilt monitor that detects sudden movements and automatically stores the associated file so it won’t be overwritten until you clear it.

They’ve just released a newer front and rear system for motorbikes, but I’ve not personally tried that as yet.

100% recommend the C5 though, excellent piece of kit.

Just checking the specs, are you sure it does 1080p 60fps?

Yep absolutely positive, I use the system myself and installed it on my GS late Spring this year. It’s been faultless.

I’ll be doing a review on the ‘TeapotOneVids’ YouTube channel in the next month or so.

How about the Drift Ghost X Camera - they're £129.99 - small compact and will do the job you need. see full specs below and remember to use the code UKGSERS when at checkout it'll take 10% off and make the camera £116.99

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/drift-ghost-x-camera.html
I've just taken up this offer (I already have the ghost stealth - but it has just packed in after I dropped it down the stairs!). Many thanks :thumb2

I'm looking fwd to the longer battery life, but the ability to get another battery as well is great.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom