gamin up ahead

tuckerhauser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just back from a euro trip and the nav 6 did my head in, wanted to know of petrol station along my route and I also found I had past junctions before the nav had got there
the TomTom rider I used to have was great for telling ya stations on route
anyway been online and apparently there's a Garmin option called "up ahead".
I've looked all over on my nav 6 and looks like Garmin have not included it on the nav 6

thanks
john

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I haven't got a Nav 6 but this is how to search for features on the current route on the Nav 5:

Where to?
Petrol Stations (or Restaurants or whatever)
(press key in top RH corner) Search Near
My Active Route (plus several other options)

yeah can use the search function to find petrol stations but that aren't necessarily gonna be on the route that u are on, just shows petrol stations around ya route

Nor is it any guarantee that it’s open or even there.

Better to rely on some imagination and common sense.

PS You can set your device to display all the petrol stations, all the time. Just as you can set it to display all the hospitals, ATM machines, restaurants and police stations.

yeah I have that setup to show petrol stations
i guess im just comparing to TomTom and not impressed

no prob with imagination or common sense done 1000's of miles in Europe every year.
when ya pay so much for a Garmin I expect better

no prob with imagination or common sense done 1000's of miles in Europe every year.
when ya pay so much for a Garmin I expect better

Have to agree, the "tracking" on mine is garbage, 'as you say' "past junctions before the nav had got there" mine also says I'm off route when I'm not, it gives me the option of recalculating and if I say NO, it shows me on route....Garbage :blast

Have to agree, the "tracking" on mine is garbage, 'as you say' "past junctions before the nav had got there" mine also says I'm off route when I'm not, it gives me the option of recalculating and if I say NO, it shows me on route....Garbage :blast

My Garmin 590 does the same which is really irritating usually when you are trying to negotiate motorway junctions.

The most annoying part is if you have it set to "recalculate when prompted" the alert completely blanks off the map.

This also is a distraction as you have to tap the screen either yes or no to clear it which usually takes a couple of attempts, bloody dangerous if you have to be in a certain lane very soon after the junction as can happen you tend to be stressed & distracted.

I now have recalculate switched off much safer.

Back
Top Bottom