Top Dead Centre Tool - 2017 R1200GS Adventure

It sounds like I'm being critical, but I'm not trying to be.

I found the video's excellent.

My only confusion was use of the TDC Tool when moving from one side of the bike to the other.... and torque settings on the Camshaft Bolts.

Other than that... brilliant :D

Putting any content on YouTube is a HUGE learning curve all to it's own! Once you post a video, to make an edit, basically you have to delete the video, which kills ALL links to it as well as the comments, then publish another video, which is a separate link. The only allowance given in YouTube is for the creator of the video to make edits/addendums to the Description section.

Sorry for this error on my part...totally MY mistake!

Snapon FRDHM16 finally arriving in Germany, should have it in 2 weeks 37€ not cheap but hate chinese crap.................:hippy

Snapon FRDHM16 finally arriving in Germany, should have it in 2 weeks 37€ not cheap but hate chinese crap.................:hippy

That's what I bought... not cheap as you say, but it looks pretty :D

Good I can stare at it for a few thousand kms................:D

Well, as you do not need to drop your oil or filter.... no reason not to get straight to it.

:D

Nope because going in tomorrow for service...:blast no choice as it is obligatory for the extended warranty, all service must be done by BMW.

Oh ok, you just waiting then for the extended Warranty to expire :D

We did Tall Lads bike today. 14 Reg R1200 GSA with 24,000 miles

All valves were in spec both sides. No problems.

Cam alignment and sensor were out of alignment. So we sorted that out both sides.

Started her up and all sweet. He's really pleased, so another one good to go. :D

We did Tall Lads bike today. 14 Reg R1200 GSA with 24,000 miles

All valves were in spec both sides. No problems.

Cam alignment and sensor were out of alignment. So we sorted that out both sides.

Started her up and all sweet. He's really pleased, so another one good to go. :D

Right tools and Boxflyer video, what could go wrong..............;)

Was out today with Tall Lad on his GSA after the Cam Alignment...

He's reported back saying the bike is now smoother, and another benefit is the Shift Assist (quickshifter) is now working smoothly and not jarring or grating between gear changes.

Was out today with Tall Lad on his GSA after the Cam Alignment...

He's reported back saying the bike is now smoother, and another benefit is the Shift Assist (quickshifter) is now working smoothly and not jarring or grating between gear changes.

Does it go quicker than a 1250 now..................:moped::moped::moped::moped:

Much quicker than a 1250!!

Well maybe not but as Warlord said, Quickshifter much smoother and no jarring like it used to. Revs much smoother too! Well chuffed!!

Expensive tools (well for Warlord) but well worth it in my opinion!

Well maybe not but as Warlord said, Quickshifter much smoother and no jarring like it used to. Revs much smoother too! Well chuffed!!

Well it is worth it, and you seemed very settled on your bike yesterday. So all good :)

I think the Cam Alignment in some ways is more beneficial than the valve check... so it's good to get it done :D

No need to Hillcrop then................:hippy

Back
Top Bottom