starting problem

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fitted an optimate charger lead to the battery after my last run. There was a reluctance in starting the bike immediately after I fitted it but it did start. I left the bike for a few weeks, wouldn't start and battery seem to discharge very quickly. Put the battery on optimate until green lights showed (over night), tried to start again, a few splutters but no take? Battery did not last long so I have decided to replace it. I am just wondering if there is anything I might have done to trigger and immobiliser, blue a fuse or relay or anything else? 2013 Gen 1. Any thoughts?:nenau
Thanks in advance

I think the fuse is white:rolleyes:
Nothing to go wrong fitting the fly lead for the charger. The Optimate would alert you if you got the polarity wrong.
Make sure your connections are good, come up here and I will check them.
If the battery is banjaxed you can go to King up the road in Kiltullagh for a Yuasa.

Thanks Pat, have you a number for him ? Is he in Carnmore or Kiltillagh? regards Con

Go for a YUASA YTZ 14S, same case size as the 12S but a bit more power to crank over the engine from cold. Works for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, finally got it to start with new battery. Surprised it took so long to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had the “hard start” problem which is well documented on yamahasupertenere.com. American S10 forum.
Experienced it a couple of times but there is a solution - crank the bike over with the throttle wide open till it catches - it will eventually, hence the recommendation for a more powerful battery. Glad you got it running

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had the “hard start” problem which is well documented on yamahasupertenere.com. American S10 forum.
Experienced it a couple of times but there is a solution - crank the bike over with the throttle wide open till it catches - it will eventually, hence the recommendation for a more powerful battery. Glad you got it running

Thanks for that Andrew, I will know better for next time!

Back
Top Bottom