F5MC update 161, Aug 2018

Biot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just done the latest firmware update onto my pair of F5's. All good apart from the issue that when i press the large centre button to power down as normal. I now get it telling me the battery status!!!
Any ideas how to switch the unit off?
Ta.

Thats it,,When it says the battery status just release the centre button then the blue light will turn to red and it will power down.Cant understand myself why they omitted the voice telling you its powering off.

Rick thanks for that. What a backward step that is. Agree the voice telling you it's powering down was absolutely fine. Seems odd to get rid of that.
Cheers.

Rick thanks for that. What a backward step that is. Agree the voice telling you it's powering down was absolutely fine. Seems odd to get rid of that.
Cheers.

I spotted that too. I think it's useful because I can decide if I need to charge the unit(s) before my next ride.

Rick, first ride out on bike since firmware update and the bloody unit wont pipe out my favourite Clan of Xymox tune. Nav5 says its paired to the F5 but no sound!! Argggggghhhhhh. Also the volume buttons, when pressed say something odd but still no sound. Very strange. Any ideas? Am e-mailing Italy too. Bloody funny that the update is more to do with the TFT issue, which I don't have.
Cheers

Rick, first ride out on bike since firmware update and the bloody unit wont pipe out my favourite Clan of Xymox tune. Nav5 says its paired to the F5 but no sound!! Argggggghhhhhh. Also the volume buttons, when pressed say something odd but still no sound. Very strange. Any ideas? Am e-mailing Italy too. Bloody funny that the update is more to do with the TFT issue, which I don't have.
Cheers

Good luck getting a response from Italy,,All i can think to suggest is un-pairing and pairing all devices again or try going back to an earlier update,i didnt think they were doing anymore update to the F5mc since they brought the new style out ,,,Good luck
Rick

Cheers

I have this with an F4MC, the update fixes the problems with the TFT, but now I can't hear music from my Nav V, although I can hear directions and warnings from the Nav V. It appears the update has fixed the AD2P driver problem that prevented you hearing calls and music from your phone via the TFT, but the new driver has screwed up hearing stereo music from the Nav V.
I sent an email to Interphone in Italy about three weeks ago, heard nothing from them, I have since emailed the importer, Nevis Marketing, not heard from them either.

I have this with an F4MC, the update fixes the problems with the TFT, but now I can't hear music from my Nav V, although I can hear directions and warnings from the Nav V. It appears the update has fixed the AD2P driver problem that prevented you hearing calls and music from your phone via the TFT, but the new driver has screwed up hearing stereo music from the Nav V.
I sent an email to Interphone in Italy about three weeks ago, heard nothing from them, I have since emailed the importer, Nevis Marketing, not heard from them either.

Just a thought,,(Ive not got the TFT screen)But is there a mute for media which might need unchecking? as there is on my Nav 6 that allows just directions and not media?

Just a thought,,(Ive not got the TFT screen)But is there a mute for media which might need unchecking? as there is on my Nav 6 that allows just directions and not media?

I'm not sure Rick, but if there is I'm sure it's not checked as it works fine with my Sena SRL.

Bob

Wil have a play over the weekend and see. Annoying that an update causes problems you didn’t have before.

Have got my local Infinity store who stock Interphone products to ask importers what’s going on. No word from Italy yet either. Will post any news of a fix.

Update. Spoke to helpful people at Adventure Bike Shop where I bought my F5’s. They have spoken to Nevis who have been trying to get an answer from Italy re the issue we’re having. So far no patch to sort it out. Let’s hope Italy pull their Latin finger out soon!

Still no news from Interphone, the importer or a few shops I spoke to who sell them. Crap service from the company. The update has also killed the FM function too. Come on Interphone, sort it.

R161 22 Aug 2018
• Add: added compatibility with Bmw Connectivity multimedia TFT system.
• Add: added compatibility with Honda Goldwing 2018 multimedia system.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you installed R161 ?
Or try reverting back to :
R110 08 Jun 2015 • Fix: increased compatibility with BMW Navigator V device.

Rick I was told by Adv Bike Shop who spoke to Nevis that reverting back to factory install or previous revision of software was not possible. Not near any of my bike gear to see if this is true or not.
Happy to give it a go but that will be weeks away.

Well, just had an email today from Interphone Italy!! They stated that the reason for taking so long to reply was down to mail server issues!!
Anyway they're proposal for our issue was to make sure the nav5 was turned on first and ' fully booted' before you then power on the F5.
I do this anyway so it seems they - A: haven't got a clue or B: don't fully understand the issue.
I can't check their 'fix' for a few weeks so someone please give it a go and post your result/or not.
Cheers.

We always power the NAv 6 up first then the F5mc,then you should hear (if you have it connected) "connected to phone", Im away tomorrow to the I O M but when i get back i will have a look to see if you can revert back to an earlier update
Rick

Same here Rick. The only way my F5 pairs is turn bike on, nav5 wakes up, then turn F5 on which then pairs with have. Get the paired message and can see the green 'paired' tick if I go into the nav menu. But still no sound. Same issue if I select FM.

I've always powered my F4 on first, never had a problem until the recent update, as mentioned in my earlier post, the F4 connects to my Nav V fine, I can hear camera warnings, other beeps, and directions, just can't hear music. I think Interphone have misunderstood the issue. It's good you got a reply from them, I've had no response to my emails to both Interphone and the importer.

Trebor I agree with the thought that Interphone seem to not get what the issue is. Nevis the importer seems to be having the same problem in getting any response from them. Ostrich/head/sand springs to mind!

Back
Top Bottom