Bar End Weights.........!

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was wondering how many people have fitted Oxford Heated Grips to their Super 10, because if you have, then how the feck did you get the stock Yamaha bar end weights out of the bars without damaging the weights or the bars? Mine seem to be glued in!!!!

Here is the parts diagram........... https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu...200z-tenere-motorcycles/steering-handle-cable

Just remove the button head bolt (18) & set aside the brush guard. Then wrestle out the bar end - it's a tight fit, but shouldn't have been glued IIRC.

Has she been dropped or after market weights or brush guards fitted? Maybe the bar thread been stripped & a previous owner has bodged the installation.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion and the parts diagram. The bike is 100% stock and hasn’t been dropped, so I will have to try and persuade those stubborn buggers!

Update on the bar end weight saga, I found that the weights on the Gen 2 Super Ten are screwed into the bars. So after removing the Allen screws for the hand guards, there is a hex socket inset into the weight. Use a 12mm Allen key to unscrew them, job done!

Well.........we live & learn. That's a new one on me. My S10 has factory heated grips, so no need to get down & dirty.

Strange, as I know of several guys whose bar ends have gone AWOL during a ride. Maybe it's a late Gen 2 mod to avoid this happening.

Update on the bar end weight saga, I found that the weights on the Gen 2 Super Ten are screwed into the bars. So after removing the Allen screws for the hand guards, there is a hex socket inset into the weight. Use a 12mm Allen key to unscrew them, job done!

So out of interest, is the handle bar hollow? I would assume so. I have been considering filling with a lead shot or substitute to try and get bar vibes right down.

Back
Top Bottom