KTM 525 "Touring"

Looking good Tim

Still a lot of life left in these bikes yet

Mark

Yes great bikes.
Decided to save the 520 as a trail bike and build up a 525 for a possible trip, slowly getting there.

Attachments

• 20210414_131714-01.jpg
    20210414_131714-01.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 391
This has been my 530 lockdown project. Hopefully next year I can ride it down to West Africa and from there cross the continent West coast to East coast.DSC03073.jpgDSC02842.jpg Before and after

I know what you mean. I’m starting to think that the 950 is too much and thinking about a 701

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know what you mean. I’m starting to think that the 950 is too much and thinking about a 701

Yes. When Captain Sensible sometimes enters my head I do consider the same....until I booted the fucker out as I remember the whole reason for using an SE off road is for when Captain Sensible doesn't exist :D

Having had a couple of 950SEs, the last one for a decade and now a 701, the latter is a revelation.
SO much lighter, and that’s the fatter LR,but it’s still only 182 ish kgs fully fuelled with 25 litres.
Loved the 950s but too tall and heavy for me to use offroad as I’m just not that good,unlike some.
But I will venture further off tarmac with the 701, when I can get away.

Having had a couple of 950SEs, the last one for a decade and now a 701, the latter is a revelation.
SO much lighter, and that’s the fatter LR,but it’s still only 182 ish kgs fully fuelled with 25 litres.
Loved the 950s but too tall and heavy for me to use offroad as I’m just not that good,unlike some.
But I will venture further off tarmac with the 701, when I can get away.

That kinda echo’s my thoughts. Like you I’m not so good off road although I have delusions, normally 10 seconds before I hit the deck! But nothing sounds finer than opening that twin cylinder throttle, however it’s wasted in my hands. More of a GSA for over aged nonconformist.
A LR 701 with Nomad tower seems like a great alternative. Though I may have to wait a year to afford one, but my mind is open.

Can anyone point in the direction of an oil cooler or do you know of a knowledgable KTM engine builder in UK that could machine the cases so that engine and gearbox oil chamber are one.

If you look a little further back in this threat you will find that I have an HT oil cooler fitted as well as Loz who is on here has one fitted.

https://picclick.com/2000-2007-Ktm-Rfs-Oil-Cooler-Kit-By-Ht-Racing-222868341058.html#&gid=1&pid=1

or drop me a PM should you have any questions

Thanks Mark, this is ad goes back to 2018, I’ve been in touch with BP a few months ago and they are out of stock. It seems the only way is a secondhand one, which is not an issue, but finding one for sale is proving hard work.

Thanks Mark, this is ad goes back to 2018, I’ve been in touch with BP a few months ago and they are out of stock. It seems the only way is a secondhand one, which is not an issue, but finding one for sale is proving hard work.

Your not wrong, I think that I was very lucky sourcing all the kit I did for my 525 but well worth the hunt, have now sold mine due to having to have a heavier bike for some of the rallies I want to do.

People, I've more or less sold my 990r, and am thinking of a 525 touring like your beauties on here. Need something lighter and more manageable off road and also capable of doing the odd trip to the Western Alps Rally etc.
If you know of a good un going, give us a shout:beerjug:

Recently completed a 2k mile trip on mine. Awesome bike :)

Contact Rocky Burns on this forum he has a truly mint 525 for sale.

Attachments

• 20210705_192903-01.jpg
    20210705_192903-01.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 256

Back
Top Bottom