KTM 525 "Touring"

That looks superb, only just delving into the possibilties, at the moment, have been reading about them for a while. Security (Ignition) servicing and oil change intervals etc whilst away, rear subframe and so on. That's why i thought I'd ask on here, as you guys seem to be on the ball about them.

That looks superb, only just delving into the possibilties, at the moment, have been reading about them for a while. Security (Ignition) servicing and oil change intervals etc whilst away, rear subframe and so on. That's why i thought I'd ask on here, as you guys seem to be on the ball about them.

Easy enough to fit a key switch.
2000 miles with no servicing at all.... even then servicing is simple to do.
Mine has a steel subframe many don't.

:beerjug:

i Know Kev in Yorks does a hidden immobiliser switch too, I have looked on ADVrider...how many kin pages. I Messaged RB cheers

just read through this about oil changes etc....https://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/ktm-500-exc-adventure-bike-build/
very reassuring for weeks away.
I have met you Tim, one occasion was staying at Jason and Emms with the Taffy Dakar boys a couple of years ago :rob

i Know Kev in Yorks does a hidden immobiliser switch too, I have looked on ADVrider...how many kin pages. I Messaged RB cheers

just read through this about oil changes etc....very reassuring for weeks away.
I have met you Tim, one occasion was staying at Jason and Emms with the Taffy Dakar boys a couple of years ago :rob

It food for thought Allan, a 500 is a great 'starting point' but at £10k new it can soon get very expensive whereas a 525 can be fully converted to a long distance bike for well under half that.

Happy days with Jase and the Taffy boyos :)

Attachments

• 20210720_121426-01.jpg
    20210720_121426-01.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 233
i Know Kev in Yorks does a hidden immobiliser switch too, I have looked on ADVrider...how many kin pages.

Hi Allan,
A couple of things I added to mine that aren't on these pages (must sort that out) includes a battery master switch inside the airbox. The "key" part can be removed for security, but it also stops any drain on the tiny battery.
I have read all of the ADVrider thread. Must get out more.
Mark

Hi Allan,
A couple of things I added to mine that aren't on these pages (must sort that out) includes a battery master switch inside the airbox. The "key" part can be removed for security, but it also stops any drain on the tiny battery.
I have read all of the ADVrider thread. Must get out more.
Mark

Good idea about the master switch :beerjug: mine has a Trail Tech alternator and RR (raided from the 520, sorry Craig :D ) with a bigger battery

Rockies is far to mint for my liking, also really want one already Adventurised. Reinforced sub frame, etc

Good luck with that one. They do come up on here but most owners keep them because they’re so much more fun to ride than a mainstream adventure bike, I paid Nomad to convert my 501 and it’s a keeper even though travel restrictions have messed up the two summers I’ve owned it. The difference between a sub 140kg bike and any of the ‘ready to travel’ bikes has to be experienced to be believed.

If the service intervals worry you then buy a larger capacity clutch cover but oil changes don’t take long and as long as you’re not thrashing the tits off it everywhere top end maintenance is a 12 monthly valve check.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that a picture from 2004? I'm not going to ask the price as it's to nice for me to own.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that a picture from 2004? I'm not going to ask the price as it's to nice for me to own.

There are some light marks on it, sides of tank mainly. The rest of the bike is in excellent condition though and I did replace the rear mudguard as the guy before me had drilled holes in it for a bag.
Nice steel subframe on the rear and it would make a stunning light weight travel bike.

Tell us about the steel subframe, we've only ever broken one despite years of abuse. Did you find a source of box section the correct size or is it solid.

I bought mark71’s bike, that also has a steel rear subframe.

He sourced the steel and built it himself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe that one was solid steel.

Thanks Tim.
The one I have forsale.

Sorry I’m late to the party... but that has stirred something in my pants .. now I’m coming to an age when heaving a GSA around isn’t as much fun as it was and I’m starting to look at something lighter... dare I ask how much that minty mint monster might be :drool

Back
Top Bottom