Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on with insurance

Some sort of clique thing Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Got my multi bike renewal from CN yesterday. None of this makes any sense, 84 plate R100 and a 2012 MP3 Scoot.

2017 paid £201.93
    2018 paid £204.30. £20.00 discount after a quick phone call.
    2019 just paid £202.81. They wanted £275.78. Phone call saved £72.97.

I don't understand all the odd pence's on their prices.

Still £134.50 saved on CN, A Plan and RAC. I hate May, its always MOT, Tax and insurance time.
    Its not like it used to be on here is it

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post

I don't understand all the odd pence's on their prices.
    Blame the Chancellor.

There is a tax on insurance premiums in the UK, levied at 12%.

An £80 premium would become £89.60

A £200 premium would become £224 (no odd pennies)

A £127 premium would become £142.24

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    nice one I'll bear these in mind when I come to renew.
    Just used these.....good service
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]C]

Morning All

Last year with Hasting direct fully comp for my 2018 GSA triple black was £330, renewal notice lands on the door mat £560, WTF.

Nothings changed, no claims, I’m older, bike has decreased in price, I do have advanced qualification to my name, 10+ no claims, bikes garages at home and work.

A few phone calls and Hastings could only get it to £530, so onto the inter web thingy and using a cheeky little meerkat website, I now have insurance for £250 fully comp from Bennetts additions, with the same policy settings as last year with 120 days European cover. It’s a no brainier.

There is no loyalty anymore so shop around.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticAnt View Post
    Morning All

Last year with Hasting direct fully comp for my 2018 GSA triple black was £330, renewal notice lands on the door mat £560, WTF.

Nothings changed, no claims, I’m older, bike has decreased in price, I do have advanced qualification to my name, 10+ no claims, bikes garages at home and work.

A few phone calls and Hastings could only get it to £530, so onto the inter web thingy and using a cheeky little meerkat website, I now have insurance for £250 fully comp from Bennetts additions, with the same policy settings as last year with 120 days European cover. It’s a no brainier.

What's changed?

Theft appeal of a 2018 1200 GSA WC, that's what has changed
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticAnt View Post
    Morning All

Indeed

Last year I got a quote from The Bike Insurer (who advertises on this forum) and the quote I went with was a Hasting Premier policy Fully Comp at £136.48 This was not the cheapest policy on offer, just the one I went with.

This year I received a letter from Hastings Direct telling me that the same policy as last year with them was now £172.48 yet when I checked on-line a mirror policy from The Bike Insurer came in at £135.02

A quick call to Hastings Direct had them not only match the price on-line but also add protected no claims and reduce the voluntary no claims discount down to ZERO

I couldn't get my credit card out quick enough

Old Bastard 59 years young
    No points on licence
    Bike Garaged
    £250 Compulsory Excess
    ZERO Voluntary Excess
    90 Days European Cover
    Max 10,000 miles Per Anum
    Protected No Claims included

2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    1993 Ducati 888 SP5
    2002 Triumph Bonneville 790 (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber 1200
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC

Excellent price but Im surprised they still offer european cover.
    Caution : May stop suddenly

It's in their T&C's
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    1993 Ducati 888 SP5
    2002 Triumph Bonneville 790 (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber 1200
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    What's changed?

Theft appeal of a 2018 1200 GSA WC, that's what has changed
    My '67 plate GS cost over £1,500 to insure as no garage. I know of two other owners of R1200's LC's not to far from me quoted similar, one a GS and the other an RS. The guy with the RS sold it and bought a used GSXR 750 and saved himself over £1,000 on insurance.

As my '63 plate was stolen and therefore a theft recorded at my address; a recent quote for a Rallye was £7,400 and only one company would quote on it - theft appeal is the problem around here. I can save over £5k by buying a standard TE - less attractive to thieves. Still considered a high risk though...

personal accident cover

Does anyone every get personal accident cover, my renewal came through and this was automatically ticked.

Never had it before

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Andi_archer View Post
    Excellent price but Im surprised they still offer european cover.
    Am I missing something?
    You get legal risks cover automagicly and for free.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

My pics

My bike insurance got cheaper this year
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

They make us work hard every year. Bastids.

Renewal letter arrives for £395 - and they would have auto-renewed if I'd been sleeping. This is a £47 increase on last year.

GoCompare immediately comes up with £217 for something pretty close to the cover I want. Funnily enough, the current company does not appear on the GoCompare list of offers.

So I call current company to discuss - endure several minutes of music till I get a real person - and I ask for a policy costing £217 please. Looking to save £178.

Cutting an 18 minute story short - I renew with current company for £223.35 for the same fuckin' policy they offered me in renewal letter for £394.
    Carpe Diem!

Thiefs the lot of them ! Im dreading changing from my 17 plate GSXS1000F to the new 1250 GS TE

My bike policy is due up on 10th August, so waiting with baited breath as my renewal should land on my doormat in about a week.

Had my car insurance last month. Car a year older, no claims or convictions, increased to 11 years NCB, yada yada ya yet my policy increases from £620 last year to over £740 this year. Jumped through hoops by increasing voluntary excess etc., yet Admiral could only get it down to £570. Onto the comparison sites on inter web and LV came in at £487 for the same cover with a larger cc courtesy car and zero voluntary excess.

Now let’s see what Bikesure hit me with next week.

Last year (Aug 2018) 2017 GSA TB renewed through The Bike Insurer with Hastings - £100.90 £400 total excesses. They had quoted £142.79 had I continued with their renewal letter process. In any event a good premium.
    New GSA HP £ 273.36. with £525 excess.
    Done The Bike Insurer and Compare The Market and there is very little movement in the premium compared to the one I achieved last year.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast