Nurburgring Area Touring

Simian73

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself and my 1 friend will be travelling to the ring soon and will be spending 3 days based in Barweiller near adenau. I have been to the ring a few times before but as we where sportsbike mounted then we just rode the ring. This time we want to do a little touring around the area (will have to do at least 1 lap though). Adenau to Cochem is a good route as is the B258/B257. Never been to the castle in nurburg so that may be an afternoon but is there any other must do's within the area thats worth a look. I don't think we will make the B500 as its too far from our base for 1 days ride. Suggestions please?

Anywhere down the Mosel and you can't go wrong

Micky will be along with his detailed knowledge, soon

He knows every nook and cranny...............and then some:beer:

Myself and my 1 friend will be travelling to the ring soon and will be spending 3 days based in Barweiller near adenau. I have been to the ring a few times before but as we where sportsbike mounted then we just rode the ring. This time we want to do a little touring around the area (will have to do at least 1 lap though). Adenau to Cochem is a good route as is the B258/B257. Never been to the castle in nurburg so that may be an afternoon but is there any other must do's within the area thats worth a look. I don't think we will make the B500 as its too far from our base for 1 days ride. Suggestions please?

Edit .... Cheers JB :D

Have you somewhere to stay?

I've used Hotel Hüllen many a time, great hotel, great food and bier. Garage for the 'Bikes. Karla and Ralf great hosts and ride motorbikes. Run a few trips for groups to this place. :thumby:

Some places with GPS (Eifels)

Hotel Hüllen N 50 21. 448 E 006 51. 902
Hotel Forsthaus N 50.23.051 E007 08. 956

Bell foundry N 50 07. 961 E006 50.811
Dry bob sled run (Eifel) N 50 32.569 E007 00.158
Louis Motorcycle clothing N 50 23.334 E007 33.272
Polo ditto N 50 23.454 E007 33.258
Wolf Park and Birds of prey N 50 14.331 E006 40.899
Air museum N 49 41.066 E006 57.614
Wunderlich N 50 32.770 E007 16.158
Café at Zeebrugge N 51 19.755 E003 10.799
Stein Wasser Park N 47 53.954 E007 55.361
Radio Telescope N 50 31.095 E006 52.512
Café Fahrt Wind (Biker) N 50 28.561 E006 57.917

:beerjug:

I"ll be over there with a mate from this parish from the 18th of sept, been going over there for the last 20 years and still find amazing roads and sights to see, just point your bike and ride BUT places to see 'off the cuff' suspension bridge outside Cochem (I haven't done it yet), Koblenz and the statue of William the great + cable car to the castle and museum, Bikers Ranch on a weekend to mingle with a load of bikers from all over, or maybe a ride to Vianden in Luxembourg and its chairlift that climbs to a height of 440 metres for lunch in the cafe at the top.....Oh and don't forget there's also the 'South loop'..... the list is endless....Have a great time :thumb

If your over there on our dates you'll find us in ether Pinnochios, the Blau Ecke bar or The Crown any night while we're there (all in Adenau), stop by and say hi :beerjug:

Micky.....can you send me a little more info re the Bids of prey place, is it Wolfspark and birds of prey, the bloody site is in German....wonder why :D my mate would love this....Cheers in advance :thumb2

Micky.....can you send me a little more info re the Bids of prey place, is it Wolfspark and birds of prey, the bloody site is in German....wonder why :D my mate would love this....Cheers in advance :thumb2

It's at Pelm at the castle there. They feed the wolves every day ... running loose in a huge compound. At 3pm they 'display' the birds of prey, watch the kids scream in fear/delight as a huge eagle or vulture swoops low over them :D

Oh ... and I mean low. Like as in parting their hair :D

It's very well done and not 'tacky' at all.

The Air Museum is very good with lots of exhibits you can get real close to. Light lunch on boar a Concord :thumby:

Hope this helps ...

I wouldn't bother with the castle in Nurburg but, if you do go, maybe have something to eat/drink in the restaurant just below it. Decent views from the balcony at the back.

Edit .... Cheers JB :D

Have you somewhere to stay?

I've used Hotel Hüllen many a time, great hotel, great food and bier. Garage for the 'Bikes. Karla and Ralf great hosts and ride motorbikes. Run a few trips for groups to this place. :thumby:

Some places with GPS (Eifels)

Hotel Hüllen N 50 21. 448 E 006 51. 902
Hotel Forsthaus N 50.23.051 E007 08. 956

Bell foundry N 50 07. 961 E006 50.811
Dry bob sled run (Eifel) N 50 32.569 E007 00.158
Louis Motorcycle clothing N 50 23.334 E007 33.272
Polo ditto N 50 23.454 E007 33.258
Wolf Park and Birds of prey N 50 14.331 E006 40.899
Air museum N 49 41.066 E006 57.614
Wunderlich N 50 32.770 E007 16.158
Café at Zeebrugge N 51 19.755 E003 10.799
Stein Wasser Park N 47 53.954 E007 55.361
Radio Telescope N 50 31.095 E006 52.512
Café Fahrt Wind (Biker) N 50 28.561 E006 57.917

Talking of Beer

Get ya finger out and sort some dates out

It's at Pelm at the castle there. They feed the wolves every day ... running loose in a huge compound. At 3pm they 'display' the birds of prey, watch the kids scream in fear/delight as a huge eagle or vulture swoops low over them :D

Oh ... and I mean low. Like as in parting their hair :D

It's very well done and not 'tacky' at all.

The Air Museum is very good with lots of exhibits you can get real close to. Light lunch on boar a Concord :thumby:

Hope this helps ...

Cheers for info on the "Birds" place Micky....Definitely on the list to do things
Here's one to throw into the mix, haven't stayed there but apparently you can included a airplane ride over the Mosel...Will be doing this next year.
https://www.hotelzurpost-klotten.de/index.php

There isn’t an hour at the castle at Nurburg let alone an afternoon but worth the 3 or 4 euros if it’s a clear day..great all round views from the top.
The castle at Burg Eltz is well worth a trip. They do full tours with an English speaking guide. The Mrs and I were the only people on it (no extra charge)

https://www.burg-eltz.de/de/

Talking of Beer

Get ya finger out and sort some dates out

Ol' Bilko was on about this only t'other day ... but the Bear was shitting in the New Forest :D

I'm away next week for four or six weeks away in the VW Camper with mi dawg, walking the Highlands and Islands of Bonnie Scotland :D

Carry on without me please ....

Cheers for info on the "Birds" place Micky....Definitely on the list to do things
Here's one to throw into the mix, haven't stayed there but apparently you can included a airplane ride over the Mosel...Will be doing this next year.
https://www.hotelzurpost-klotten.de/index.php

Hotel Post at Klotten ... stayed there a few times Jacal. Lovely place, Klaus a great Chef and host ... but for some the high speed trains in the middle of the night directly outside their room have been too much :eek:

Never been a problem for me though ... I can sleep through Armageddon after a few German Biers :thumby:

Bike's parked under cover underneath the hotel, great food, welcome, bier ... what's not to like :thumb

Edit ... a few years ago I was in the area, at the Cafe Fahrt Wind (mentioned above as it happens) and saw the advert for an open day at the small grass aerodrome at Wershofen. I had time on my hands and so called in.

Long story short ... I had a flight in a Ryan PT22 'Old Timer' Trainer ....

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cqVdDw2/0/69d0aa2e/1920/i-cqVdDw2-1920.mp4

Enjoy :thumb

Thanks for the replies guys. We are staying at Sabine Schmitz ranch in berweiler which is just a short ride from adenau. I have briefly looked at the cable car in koblenz which looks interesting. Some of the other suggestions sound good so will look into these

So Simian ... just go and enjoy and stick your nose in to the likkle corners. You'll be surprised at what turns up :D

a65aa2886431471f80ecf644007dac04.png

You simply can't go wrong in them thar Belgium/Luxembourg Ardennes, German Eifel's now can ya

Indeed you can’t. I don’t buy into the “The road surfaces are all crap” either. It’s all part of riding a motorcycle. If you want dead smooth all day, try a race track.

Indeed you can’t. I don’t buy into the “The road surfaces are all crap” either. It’s all part of riding a motorcycle. If you want dead smooth all day, try a race track.

All part of riding an adventure motorcycle. On our trip to the Black Forest last year I took the group (KTMs, R1200 GS and GSA) up a gravel road. “We’re not going up there” was the cry. FFS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All part of riding an adventure motorcycle. On our trip to the Black Forest last year I took the group (KTMs, R1200 GS and GSA) up a gravel road. “We’re not going up there” was the cry. FFS!

As a laugh, I sometimes used to take my HP4, Ventura luggage and a tank bag.

Back
Top Bottom