Tyres - my thoughts and

Classic heavyweight straight line speed merchant tyre wear. RH 1/3 front is front tyre wear due to crown on road.

Yes and no, Rear tyre wear yes, the front tyre wear will be due to going round corners on a closed throttle, it loads up the front and pushes it. The classic open it up in a straight line, slam on the brakes, then wobble round the bend. The previous owner probably hated right handers.

sounds like for me anyway the Pirelli Scorpion2 are the way forward whats the best price people have found?

sounds like for me anyway the Pirelli Scorpion2 are the way forward whats the best price people have found?

For my KTM, sized at 120 70 ZR 19 and 170 60 ZR 17 it’s £283.25 a pair fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On balance of performance/durability/cost, I think the PST2 are a better option than PR5.

I fancy Metzeler Roadtech 01 next time because they're getting good reviews. Anyone tried them?

I fancy Metzeler Roadtech 01 next time because they're getting good reviews. Anyone tried them?

try the new Angle GT 2's

Pirelli and Metzeler are the same company. the Angle GT 2s are the next generation of the Roadtec 01s (which are a brilliant tyre)

They are a good tyre plenty of grip wet and dry but they do wear out quickly. A friend has the Angle GT2s on his Pikes Peak Multi Disaster and loves them.
I would go with the PST 2s you can't go wrong, they are a cracking tyre loads of grip and will outlast the M01s and PR5s

Then the rear tyre would also show similar uneven wear...

Mine does. Unlike the front, the rear ends up bald down the middle first. But measuring it, the right side is worn a millimetre more then the left. My front tyres always become illegal right of the centre line

After a trip to the Alps (solo), I now have 5200 miles on the Bridgestone A41s. Checking the tread depth this morning and the rear has a good 5mm minimum and the front has 3mm minimum. Truly amazing for the abuse they have had. I thought the front had developed a whine, but it turns out it was just the French road surface, as it has now gone.

Absolutely no issues with dry or wet grip, so very confidence inspiring.

I paid just under £200 for a pair delivered from Demon Tweaks (1200 GSA LC). Delivered much more quickly than they predicted too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Was going to ask for opinions on the Roadtec 01s on the GS but looks like it's already been answered in this thread. Seek and ye shall find!

Out of interest though...has anyone found them to be bad choice? Should say, I ride 100% on road!

Classic heavyweight straight line speed merchant tyre wear. RH 1/3 front is front tyre wear due to crown on road.
+ You always get more wear on RH side of tyre as there are more RH bends on British roads :) --- roundabouts!

Was going to ask for opinions on the Roadtec 01s on the GS but looks like it's already been answered in this thread. Seek and ye shall find!

Out of interest though...has anyone found them to be bad choice? Should say, I ride 100% on road!

No, they are a decent grippy tyre wet or dry, it's just that they seem to wear rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom