LiveWire

I actually saw an orange one of these on the road yesterday. It overtook me in traffic and then was in front of me at a set of red lights so I wound down the window to 'hear' it. It shot off like a scolded cat and without a sound, very sureal it was :D

What I saw of it I actually liked and it's a lot smaller than the photos sugest.

Andres

I rode one last year, I absolutely love it.
Effortless INCREDIBLE and addictive performance, super comfy with a nice riding position which had you leaning into the wind but not uncomfortably so.
The motor made a very sci fi sort of sound, think star wars and was far from "silent"
The bike didn't feel heavy to move around and handled superbly on the bumpy roads as well as on the faster stuff.
Build quality felt good, everything had a good feel to it (this is my first and only HD ride)

bLK9yc2.jpg

I'd have an electric bike, but not one that's £30k and basically limited to commuting/local use.
The infrastructure is coming along slowly but now the new issue is finding charge points that actually work as that's becoming a thing among friends that drive electric cars.

But for now I'd say open your mind and try one, you might be surprised

I rode one last year, I absolutely love it.
Effortless INCREDIBLE and addictive performance, super comfy with a nice riding position which had you leaning into the wind but not uncomfortably so.
The motor made a very sci fi sort of sound, think star wars and was far from "silent"
The bike didn't feel heavy to move around and handled superbly on the bumpy roads as well as on the faster stuff.
Build quality felt good, everything had a good feel to it (this is my first and only HD ride)

bLK9yc2.jpg

I'd have an electric bike, but not one that's £30k and basically limited to commuting/local use.
The infrastructure is coming along slowly but now the new issue is finding charge points that actually work as that's becoming a thing among friends that drive electric cars.

But for now I'd say open your mind and try one, you might be surprised

The charging infrastructure is a joke, it has multiple ongoing issues that seem unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

The charging infrastructure is a joke, it has multiple ongoing issues that seem unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

When all the Fossil Fuelled Personal Transportation is finally consigned to the Bin, all the Electric Replacements are merrily Buzzing around without having to pay any VED, and no-one is being screwed by excessive Fuel Duty anymore, from where will the Government recoup all the lost Revenue? :confused:

When all the Fossil Fuelled Personal Transportation is finally consigned to the Bin, all the Electric Replacements are merrily Buzzing around without having to pay any VED, and no-one is being screwed by excessive Fuel Duty anymore, from where will the Government recoup all the lost Revenue? :confused:
TAXES.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Who says EVs will be exempt forever...... plus the fuel companies in the USA are already getting their claws in on the charging infrastructure
so don't worry, they'll still get us one way or the other

Who says EVs will be exempt forever...... plus the fuel companies in the USA are already getting their claws in on the charging infrastructure
so don't worry, they'll still get us one way or the other

And history tells us that they always get more....So it will become more expensive than a fossil fueled car.....What am I saying, electric cars are still fossil fueled.

LOL they're exempting you now just to change you from petro to electric, then you'll be taxed even higher on electric. I say even higher simply because they never replace one tax with another to take less money from us.

LOL they're exempting you now just to change you from petro to electric, then you'll be taxed even higher on electric. I say even higher simply because they never replace one tax with another to take less money from us.

Yes, the tax will just follow the majority vehicles to keep the money flowing.

I don't disagree with what some have said here, except to say - if you charge your car from home as I've done for years now ( First E car - Ampera) then you use house electricity. That wont get a super tax will it. How could it without insisting on special meters or mileage submissions or the like? Otherwise people on minimum wage would end up paying higher home electricity prices and subsidise those of us with E cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with what some have said here, except to say - if you charge your car from home as I've done for years now ( First E car - Ampera) then you use house electricity. That wont get a super tax will it. How could it without insisting on special meters or mileage submissions or the like? Otherwise people on minimum wage would end up paying higher home electricity prices and subsidise those of us with E cars.

They will simply do what they did with turbines, levy all of our bills to pay for the extra, we will never do anything about it as we will all be told it is for our benefit, they play us all the time and use emotional blackmail to ensure we comply.
Shysters, crooks and charlatans.

They will simply do what they did with turbines, levy all of our bills to pay for the extra, we will never do anything about it as we will all be told it is for our benefit, they play us all the time and use emotional blackmail to ensure we comply.
Shysters, crooks and charlatans.

It's the future.

a3573683eaac0e1336e23417d7cc91f5.jpg

We need to pay taxes to fund everything we, in the (semi) civilised countries take for granted. It’s as simple as that,

I'm a paid up member of this particular club!

Back
Top Bottom