Who intends keeping their GS

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I bought mine, I had a twin can for a few months, but it had problems, then bought my 2015 11K miles GS as a keeper... I have other bikes but it took the place of my 1200 mk1 Bandit that I'd had for 17 years..... is it worth of the position?... who's intending to keep their's?

Well I don’t plan on changing mine for a while. There have been (and will be) improvements, but I don’t see anything that makes me want to spend thousands on replacing it. I’d rather spend the money on biking trips or courses.

Me, I bought a new, very basic (no additional electrickery gadgets) in June 2017 with just that intention.

Don’t miss any of the gadgets whatsoever.

Me, I bought a new, very basic (no additional electrickery gadgets) in June 2017 with just that intention.

Don’t miss any of the gadgets whatsoever.

Snap, 2014 GSA TE was going to be a keeper, it wasn't, but the 2018 model GSA very basic bought at the back end of last year will be.

I am on my first GS bought in 2017 it has everything except the SMART TV, I aint changing unless it self destructs, or health stops me riding it.

I am keeping my Sept 2013 bike. Has had most known faults sorted. 23k miles and has every extra I want bolted to it. It would cost me 9k to change for a new model. The new bike wont be 9k better. Although TFT is nice it wont improve the ride.

It will have the 24k service at the end of the month, along with new tyres and brake pads.

Keeping mine until the new 1250 is at least 3 years old and known to be reliable.

I've had my R100GS for nearly 10 years, not a WC I know but sometimes you form an affinity with a vehicle.

I sold my ‘keeper’ last weekend (thank you Martin). Sad, and I’m still slightly grieving, but I can’t give any more money to BMW.

Come spring or something very special becoming available, it’s probably a KTM 1290R next.

I aint changing unless it self destructs, or health stops me riding it.

That was my plan with my Sept 13 LC. A RTA put paid to that. I had no issues except rattled once the oil had done around 1000 miles.

Now I have options, second hand, new or even a complete change

Never kept any bike more n 2/3 years however I have a 13 plate twin cam GSA with about 42k on it now ,, I think I will keep it , fast enough, carries all my camping crap and still rides well , as others have said the newer machines will be incrementally better in many ways ,but I just like the thing .

That was my plan with my Sept 13 LC. A RTA put paid to that. I had no issues except rattled once the oil had done around 1000 miles.

Now I have options, second hand, new or even a complete change

Which one out of the three options are you going to keep.........:D

I don't know. Bought it 3 years ago. It now has circa 26k on it. 27k by the end of the week. Selling it is an option but for the roads I have ridden the suspension was perfect. Not a perfect bike but it lacks power.

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

If I’d ordered my 2014 GS LC without ESA it’d definitely be a keeper, but the erratic behaviour of the ESA at times p*ss me off (it had the rear shock changed under warranty at 16k miles)

Having said that, I’ve owned it for 4.5 years and it’s still in very good condition after 25k miles. It’s hard to justify changing it. I was going to part ex it for a lightly used S1000XR a few weeks ago, but I ended up buying this instead :p Guess I’ll be keeping the GS a while longer...

87800357bc146ddc8e230ad606be5911.heic

I'm on my second GSA. TB second time round and I'm just over a year in. A series of events have made me go off the marque to some extent. Bearing in mind they don't come in cheap.
My first one traded in at 2 years. On the next one the dealer was unable to programme my remote alarm fobs (From the K1600) because BMW had removed the option from their software. Thus rendering the factory fit alarm a total pain in the arse in auto set mode. That really annoyed me. Their response to a complaint even more so.
Then they introduced the factory fit hill start assist feature soon after I bought mine which I would have liked but not prepared to pay the exorbitant amount the are asking. Its only a download after all.
I do like the bike but somehow BMW have an uncanny knack of somehow making your very expensive purchase seem out of date very quickly thereby diminishing the experience.
I know all manufacturers do this to some extent as part of their marketing strategy to encourage those that can to keep changing on a more frequent basis. Yes its your choice to do so if you wish. Still don't like it.

im keeping mine, 4yrs old, mint and rides as good as a 2018 bike..9k to change could buy a nice 1190 to add to the stable...madness:blast

Come spring or something very special becoming available, it’s probably a KTM 1290R next.

I had a 1290S for a test ride yesterday. I loved the engine/box, but as an overall package the GS (for me and my riding) was a better bike - shame as I wanted an excuse for a new bike...

Back
Top Bottom