New CRF250L

Tallmarkb59

Reaction score
Started on this forum with a GS1150 and moved to a Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin last year. However, I am not liking the DCT gearbox, and am picking up a new CRF250L next week. I would like to do some gentle green laning, based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. So if there is anyone out there who wants a ride mate, in the area, give me a message.

Join your local TRF group.
There will be a good cross-section of folk there and you will be able to join up with trail rides.

Thanks Timpo. That is in the plan, but I suddenly remembered about UK GSer and that my membership had just renewed . Nearest TRF meetings are at Bury St Edmunds I think.

Hi mark had mine a while now, list of things i have done to make it green lane friendly

changed inner tubes there cheapo and super thin
changed tyres for better traction standard ones are ok if on road 90-100
Change the fork spring and also rear spring for a hypero kit
remove the evap and fit an delkevic exhaust system,
its still a cheaply made and low powered bike but for your money its a good little bike that you can use all the power on, most people buy a 50bhp pluss bike and use only 40 to 50% of the power but with the little honda you can use all the few horses it has and still have fun enjoy.

cambs trf and suffolk trf are good, norfolk has a certain piece of crap who is arrogant sexist racist and bullys certain other members hence a few of us are leaving as the rot needs to be cut out as he isnt even worth slapping, disgusting that the chair allows the certain member to do what he does, when i faced him they said he would be spoken too but nothing has changed.

why not have a trip to thetford loads of good trails we used go on regular ride over there. you can get round on a gs so its not that bad .

Thanks for the messages. I had already thought about 42 or44 tear sprocket, proper skid plate and 50/50 on/off road tyres after first service.
Anyone tried Continental Escape or Michelin T63/Anakee Wild?

the wilds are better or try mitas as cheaper . just put a set on my 310 gs for morocco next month .

We ride the thetford loops as they are called all the time, the byways all link up with not much road work and can last around 4-6 hours, i was lucky and hooked up with a bloke who knows the lanes and is willing to ride at your pace so you can learn them, we normally start at thompson nr watton and go from there good easy trails and its getting to the time of year when its at its best ie wet and dirty.

Like i said get the tyres changed and if you weigh over 11 stone get the hypero kit as even on the smoothest of trails you will be banging on the suspension stops, the honda is a fun bike but the suspenders are not fit for off road, enjoy and when you get it message me and you can tag along and have a ride on my sorted crf250l to see the difference cheers wayne

Thanks Wayne, will do. And yes, somewhat over 11 stone, so first job might be upping the preload until I can afford Hyperpro changes. Also thought about MCT Suspension at Stowmarket who do a drive in, drive out service.

You cant go wrong with mct good blokes they sorted my mt09 for me, the hypero kit is around an hour and a half to fit as there is only one spring in the front and the oil in both legs, the rear spring comes off and simple replacement with the new one. The crf is a capable bike and pulls you out of even the boggiest mud, "its just not the latest race rep", ive done the 450 and 300 2t and if you want to enjoy a ride on the lanes at a sensible speed then you wont go far wrong with the crf250l.

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 501
I hope to strip the side panels off this weekend and am hoping the original spring has some preload adjustment. If so, This will keep me going until I can afford mct work. Any idea what amount of sag I am looking for when I am on board?

the wife other bike the crf250L with a few mods for comfort, Britania rally found fender set up, hogan shock and front springs, fmf full exhaust system

Attachments

• IMG_20190604_131948.jpg
    IMG_20190604_131948.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20190618_153110.jpg
    IMG_20190618_153110.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20190618_153126.jpg
    IMG_20190618_153126.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20190618_153145.jpg
    IMG_20190618_153145.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 238
the wife other bike the crf250L with a few mods for comfort, Britania rally found fender set up, hogan shock and front springs, fmf full exhaust system

How good is the lighting on the Britannia fairing? I have one I picked up used for my Husky, not fitted it yet though.

Payed extra for the extra bright lights, sat nav mount and the two screens, lights are the dogs, will need setting up as mine was a little high

Back
Top Bottom