R1200GS Rallye, Engine & Tank protection bars

Perister

Reaction score
Hello

this is my first post in the forum, very glad to be here!
I am waiting to get my R1200GS Rallye in the next couple of weeks, moving on from my S1000XR.
looking into getting some proper protection for the engine and the upper body
up to now the one that looks good to me is the Wunderlich safety package (blue).
it looks like it was made for the bike, so looks are good, but what about the protection?
is it up to the task?
any other good proposals?

Nikos

Hello

this is my first post in the forum, very glad to be here!
I am waiting to get my R1200GS Rallye in the next couple of weeks, moving on from my S1000XR.
looking into getting some proper protection for the engine and the upper body
up to now the one that looks good to me is the Wunderlich safety package (blue).
it looks like it was made for the bike, so looks are good, but what about the protection?
is it up to the task?
any other good proposals?

Nikos

Hello and welcome, I have the wunderlich bars on my 2017 exclusive, and I can clearly say they are up to the task, I slipped on loose gravel, bike down, 2 up, only a slight scratch on the stainless steel bars, easy to install, just make sure you get the center strut also.

Hello and welcome, I have the wunderlich bars on my 2017 exclusive, and I can clearly say they are up to the task, I slipped on loose gravel, bike down, 2 up, only a slight scratch on the stainless steel bars, easy to install, just make sure you get the center strut also.

Hello SmogBob,

thanks for the feedback!
what is exactly the center strut is doing?

You could also consider the standard GSA bars and just add the Touratec reinforcing strut. The bars frequently appear used (owners change them, sometimes because they don't know about the Touratech reinforcing strut option!) for silly low money. Sorry for silly large photo size....don't know how to edit this on attachments!

Attachments

• 20181102_095200.jpg
    20181102_095200.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 208

Back
Top Bottom