Fault Code Reader

Pickaxe

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a reliable fault code reader and service reset tool? It's solely for personal/DIY use and I'd like to purchase from a UK stockist if possible. It's for my 2018my 1200RT

Yes, the one to go for is the GS911. Make sure you order the correct adapter for your bike.

The cost of the GS 911 enthusiast is really cheap when you compare it with the cost of popping into the dealer to have a service or even having the code reset.
It does so much, so why wouldn't you?

The cost of the GS 911 enthusiast is really cheap when you compare it with the cost of popping into the dealer to have a service or even having the code reset.
It does so much, so why wouldn't you?

Because you can get this below, it is not as comprehensive as the GS-911 but does the basic needs, and a lot more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ScanTool-O...keywords=ScanTool+426101+OBDLink+MX+Bluetooth

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.wgsoft.motoscan&hl=en

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

So, if I'm correct on this? The GS 911 has the greater functionality, but is considerably more expensive and can only be used on my BMW motorcycle. The generic ScanTool OBDLink MX 426101 and Android software will cope with all I'm likely to need on the motorcycle and will also be useful for my cars? If so, I'm probably better off with the latter option.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

So, if I'm correct on this? The GS 911 has the greater functionality, but is considerably more expensive and can only be used on my BMW motorcycle. The generic ScanTool OBDLink MX 426101 and Android software will cope with all I'm likely to need on the motorcycle and will also be useful for my cars? If so, I'm probably better off with the latter option.

Exactly that

Is there much difference between the OBDLink MX 426101 and the LX 427201 (apart from the obvious price difference)? I'm also looking for a basic service reset and diagnostic tool. I cannot justify the cost of the GS911.

Is there much difference between the OBDLink MX 426101 and the LX 427201 (apart from the obvious price difference)? I'm also looking for a basic service reset and diagnostic tool. I cannot justify the cost of the GS911.

the MX has extra support for Ford and GM cars, so if it is just for the bike LX is plenty.

Before I start removing panels, could someone tell me where the diagnostic port is on my 2018MY RT please.

Before I start removing panels, could someone tell me where the diagnostic port is on my 2018MY RT please.

The OBD diagnostic port is situated just below the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, right hand lower panel is secured in place with 3 screws. (1 towards the nose of the spoiler in the area of the oil sight glass cut out. 1 toward the nose of the seat and one toward the brake pedal). The panel can then be CAREFULLY eased away (it engages in a hidden rubber grommet).
Once the panel is clear, the OBD connector is located toward the front of the battery.

Seems to work flawlessly with both my cars and the bike.

It reported the following historical fault codes under the heading Basic Module (BCO) : 800EFO 800EFI 800EF5 E58CO6 and if anybody can enlighten me I'd be interested.

But there's the thing. It's no good having the code unless you can understand what the numbers mean. Doesn't it link to an app that explains what the codes mean?

Seems to work flawlessly with both my cars and the bike.

It reported the following historical fault codes under the heading Basic Module (BCO) : 800EFO 800EFI 800EF5 E58CO6 and if anybody can enlighten me I'd be interested.

ooh.. hexadecimal values.. I love counting in 16's :cool:
Does it not give you the fault codes in English with a meaningful description ?

Back
Top Bottom