Honda CRF450L

53 on who's dyno ?
Hilltop's ??

It’s a yank review, its probably really got about 45bhp as I’ve seen Dyno runs showing 37bhp on US bikes and to be fair, he doesnt actually quote total power, only the 8bhp increase with all the mods. I’d still rather have a CRF450L for trail riding over any other bike as its a all round trail bike, not a friggin monster competition rip your arms out there sockets bike.

Someone talk me out of getting one of these...I've been looking at adverts for them all month :blast

Twitchy- Need the fuelling sorting out
Had a ride on 2, last year
One fully sorted - full FMF exhaust/full power/vortex ecu and it rode well, superb (mods weren’t cheap)
One full power - but stock exhaust & fuelling - it was awful (nearly unrideable)

Twitchy- Need the fuelling sorting out

So I've read - that's doable fairly easily though I suspect it really becomes noticeable on technical riding. I'm looking for something to do the RallyMoto stuff on and don't want to bash up my Africa Twin (though it was bought with that in mind :blast)

Anything else? I don't want a high strung enduro and my GasGas is not suitable for longer rides. If the X- Challenge I bought off your mate was still in the garage I'd be sorted

So I've read - that's doable fairly easily though I suspect it really becomes noticeable on technical riding. I'm looking for something to do the RallyMoto stuff on and don't want to bash up my Africa Twin (though it was bought with that in mind :blast)

Anything else? I don't want a high strung enduro and my GasGas is not suitable for longer rides. If the X- Challenge I bought off your mate was still in the garage I'd be sorted

The fully sorted one had cost an extra £1500 in an exhaust/vortex/ G2 throttle tamer & other fuelling mods though, it’s not a cheap option

The full power, but standard one was awful on the road, let alone the trails I tried it on

A 500 KTM or Husky would be a better option for Rallymoto, I would expect - with more aftermarket parts on offer and a more proven bike

I bought one of these. Put a 16l Acerbis tank on. Done miles of the TET and it's been brilliant. Changed the rear sprocket to a 49 which gave around 6% higher top end. A good alternative to a KTM. They seem to win the Baja every year!
ebay item no - 115327812894
Exactly the same as this one.

One fully sorted - full FMF exhaust/full power/vortex ecu and it rode well, superb (mods weren’t cheap)

I rode with a Wiltshire TRF bloke (really good rider) last year who had one. He'd done all that after trying to do it cheaper before and loved it, but he said it cost a fortune. His brother liked it so much, he sold his 690 and bought a 450L and did all the same mods.

I rode with a Wiltshire TRF bloke (really good rider) last year who had one. He'd done all that after trying to do it cheaper before and loved it, but he said it cost a fortune. His brother liked it so much, he sold his 690 and bought a 450L and did all the same mods.

There was only one way, the chap who’s bike it was said and it cost him £1500 or more
Like you say it rode well - but at a cost
His brother sold a 701 for the standard 450L (but full power) standard one I was looking at and did all the same expensive mods his brother no1 had done, but soon sold it for a 350 EXC
Brother no1 still has his ‘sorted’ 450L and loves it

701’s do look like a good option, they come within the weight parameters for RallyMoto too. Doing something along the same lines as others on here who have tricked them up with seats and windshields etc.

I like the 500 KTM but just can’t (I’ve ripped my mate for years over his KTM and it’s regular breakdowns, I’d never live it down :D)

i know the Husky is orange really but it doesn’t count

701’s do look like a good option, they come within the weight parameters for RallyMoto too. Doing something along the same lines as others on here who have tricked them up with seats and windshields etc.

I like the 500 KTM but just can’t (I’ve ripped my mate for years over his KTM and it’s regular breakdowns, I’d never live it down :D)

i know the Husky is orange really but it doesn’t count

Best keep quite then when your 701's clutch burns out, rockers fail and really you want to complain about the gear ratios :D

Stoppit. I’m indecisive enough already :D

Ha ha I was in a similar position years ago using only Husaberg, took it in the chin and now run 4 KTMs.

No doubt a well sorted 500 is the go to bike for many.

JFDI, you only live once!
You can always sell it again and buy a 500exc like everyone else.

A fine attitude :thumb

It’s been narrowed down to two….no KTM though. Seen too much fettling and badly timed breakdowns to want to experience that for myself

Back
Top Bottom