ICELAND 2019 WEST FJORDS +

Tada :D

'Tis a thing of beauty :D

Wouldn't suit everyone but i really like it; it's a well sorted bike and the way it rides/goes belies it's spec. and, it'll sit nicely beside the GS :thumb2

The Mrs. has named it PJ and PJ is in my workshop at the mo getting Oxford heated grips, a Gerbing
heated jacket controller and other fettlings ready for winter riding of the Welsh back lanes and tracks.

Attachments

• me with Alex getting the keys.jpg
    me with Alex getting the keys.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 343
  • JB RH side outside workshop.jpg
    JB RH side outside workshop.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 333
  • JB LH side out workshop.jpg
    JB LH side out workshop.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 342

Wouldn't suit everyone but i really like it; it's a well sorted bike and the way it rides/goes belies it's spec. and, it'll sit nicely beside the GS :thumb2

The Mrs. has named it PJ and PJ is in my workshop at the mo getting Oxford heated grips, a Gerbing
heated jacket controller and other fettlings ready for winter riding of the Welsh back lanes and tracks.

What cc?
How much are they then?
Never seen one of those before, is it a new model?

What cc?
How much are they then?

It’s the very new Himalayan . Just launched ( Feb 16) .

411cc.

There’s a few long threads about them on here . You must have missed it while you we’re moaning about everything else !

It’s the very new Himalayan . Just launched ( Feb 16) .

411cc.

There’s a few long threads about them on here . You must have missed it while you we’re moaning about everything else !

Never seen one, however I don't keep up with new bike launches, like your good self as I'm happy with the old bikes I have

Have you owned a Himalyan?

Just wondered, as you seem to buy about 10 new bikes per year:D

Have KTM got anything new for 2019?

BMW don't seem to have anything new, except a rework of their WC

What cc?
How much are they then?

411cc. SOHC long stroke, 24.5bhp. and 32nm torque up to 80mpg. frame, suspension, engine position and handling designed and sorted by Harris Performance Products who are now owned by RE., EFI by Keihin.
Brakes are Indian built Brembo and it has ABS, it goes on. Lot's of European design and development gone into it and it bloody well shows. I have the tank off at the mo doing some work
and the way it's put together is impressive ie. welds, wiring loom runs, pipework. I have bought a demonstrator registered a month ago which had done, at pick up, 46 miles 20 or so of which
i had put on it with the wife on the back. Cost new, on the road is £4200; i've given quite a bit less for it though.
The pannier rails i had fitted were an extra £150; you can get ally panniers as well but i didn't want them as i'll use throw overs. :thumb2

411cc. SOHC long stroke, 24.5bhp. and 32nm torque up to 80mpg. frame, suspension, engine position and handling designed and sorted by Harris Performance Products who are now owned by RE., EFI by Keihin.
Brakes are Indian built Brembo and it has ABS, it goes on. Lot's of European design and development gone into it and it bloody well shows. I have the tank off at the mo doing some work
and the way it's put together is impressive ie. welds, wiring loom runs, pipework. I have bought a demonstrator registered a month ago which had done, at pick up, 46 miles 20 or so of which
i had put on it with the wife on the back. Cost new, on the road is £4200; i've given quite a bit less for it though.
The pannier rails i had fitted were an extra £150; you can get ally panniers as well but i didn't want them as i'll use throw overs. :augie :thumb2

Sounds good and looks good for a backroads/trail type bike

Are you taking the royal Enfield to Iceland?

Never seen one, however I don't keep up with new bike launches, like your good self as I'm happy with the old bikes I have

Have you owned a Himalyan?

Just wondered, as you seem to buy about 10 new bikes per year:D

BMW don't seem to have anything new, except a rework of their WC

Not true .

Not had four this year and one of those is 40 years old.

Yep. that's the plan, perfik for it i reckon :thumb2

Seems to go well enough and the reports I've read suggest it handles well on rough roads.

Meanwhile....preparation on mine is well underway with a couple of significant changes to the 2019 bike :beerjug:
20181116_114639-01-XL.jpg

I was speaking to Nathan Millward up at the show and he has bought a Himalayan to replace his GS.

Maybe I should buy a Royal Enfield Flea and have it parachuted into the Westfjords? Nah, I still plan to pub nobblies on my Rocket 3.

Never seen one, however I don't keep up with new bike launches, like your good self as I'm happy with the old bikes I have.

You must have a twin then because a JohnnyBoxer has been ‘contributing’ on the 790 Adv thread for months......

Not owned a Himalayan but I here it’s very good.

Seems to go well enough and the reports I've read suggest it handles well on rough roads.

Meanwhile....preparation on mine is well underway with a couple of significant changes to the 2019 bike :beerjug:
20181116_114639-01-XL.jpg

Looks good Tim :thumb2 Too damn tall for me whereas at 800mm seat hight the RE is perfect for a short arse :D

I was speaking to Nathan Millward up at the show and he has bought a Himalayan to replace his GS.

He has had one for ages; bought one of the first ones here. This year he has done USA coast to coast on it plus a couple of lands end
john o groats "garbage runs" and a load more, all without any issues. I met him at this year's Touratech Event when he took the opportunity
to thrash his Enfield round the off road course with all the KTM's Triumphs et al and, it aquitted itself well, he said.

I like that, looks bombproof..and black is the new orange...

And you look very tall in that first photo !

:D

It does look as though you could be onto a winner there Tony! :thumb
Good to ride with you on Saturday, apologies for getting lost. :blast
Mark

Cheers Mark. Lost? That's why we took a more "scenic" route then was it? :D I knew where I was most of the time and was just enjoying riding my new bike tagging along behind you and Tim :thumb2

To explain, it's 07:00hrs. and blowing, as it had been all night, a gale but i'm really comfortable in my sleeping bag when, there is a loud crack and my tent collapses on me as a main pole had snapped which was great, not! Ok. what do i do now then? Well the broken pole was threatening to penetrate the tent so out i went and started to dismantle it. Of course Mike and Symon (Boatman) were blissfully unaware of my trauma and snoring happily. Anyway i managed to drag all my gear out from under the collapsed tent and get it all packed up just before Mike surfaced followed by Symon. Much meriment and piss taking followed which is a must of course after which breakfasts and coffee were prepared and all was good :D

Mike, it will be an absolute pleasure to share a pint or two with you at Dent. Me and Sue are in the caravan because she doesn't camp but we want to be there; i dont mind at all not being on the bike as it makes for a change.

:beerjug:
Told ye SO :jes:fbthumb:D:D
Could have been worse ,, it might have happened somewhere north of the Arctic circle on our trip

Told ye SO :jes:fbthumb:D:D
Could have been worse ,, it might have happened somewhere north of the Arctic circle on our trip

I know, i know, you did say the tent could be unsuitable for the trip if the weather got rough but, to be fair,
the poles on examination were showing fatigue cracks at the joins and that's why that one let go.
Newer poles would have been ok. and anyway, fortunately, the weather didn't cut up rough :D
I have to admit though Sy. that changing to the Vango Omega i bought used off here was a godsend, brilliant tent :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom