ICELAND 2019 WEST FJORDS +

Viv has been nominated our teams sex idol.

Attachments

• 20190721_162132-01.jpg
    20190721_162132-01.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 473
Chef says hi to Bakerman

Attachments

• 20190721_180132-01.jpg
    20190721_180132-01.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 467
How’s the 790 doing?

It’s running well and is very capable. Very solid, planted, suspension very good ( I haven’t adjusted it). Very quick bike.

In Iceland you get a lot of tarmac and then turning to rough road and then tracks.

The bike can be very sensitive to ride modes. I was in Rally mode and stopped at a crossing while another bike cleared the stream, when I started to move off the bike cut out repeatedly. When I looked at the screen it said Exit Rally Off-road. I swapped to Off-road mode and the traction control was perfect. Moving from road to off-road you need to prepare check the modes if you plan to ride hard.

I need to do some adjustments when we get time to tinker but so far it’s running well. Bike has probably done about 1800 miles, chain slapping a little bit not noticed anything fall off.

More 790 on holiday photos

b7e6e4e5e564fc5f8f7d768fe1f7a29e.jpg

The sunbeam onto this photo is absolutely natural not touched up

330a7e63badf6cb79f753394b50c71df.jpg

And tonight’s camp site

f646575eb337ffc0b7eb55de657c73da.jpg

And now a pic not of a motorbike :)

Attachments

• 20190722_111326.jpg
    20190722_111326.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 376
The undisputed star among us has to be Viv on his remarkably loaded GS, you couldn't meet a nicer and funnier man.

Following every good night's sleep in his extended 3 man tent kept cosy with a hot water bottle Viv also shows us he knows how to ride a GS very well.

Last evening after unloading our gear (a considerable amount in Viv's case) most of us set out for what is probably the toughest and most spectacular ride of the trip.
At one point a weary Viv pulls his sweaty helmet off and I'm sure genuinely says to me "I do hope there's a maid at the campsite who can cook my soup"

Attachments

• 20190722_204529-01.jpg
    20190722_204529-01.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 393
A little later while taking a erm short cut.
Here's Liams CCM.

Attachments

• 20190722_212823-01.jpg
    20190722_212823-01.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 406
A little later while taking a erm short cut.
Here's Liams CCM.

Awesome trail that one, and remarkably good phone reception I recall. :D

The undisputed star among us has to be Viv on his remarkably loaded GS,
what is probably the toughest and most spectacular ride of the trip.

Fair play, I would be thinking twice about it on a GS. :eek

Mark
(wishing he was still there.)

So much has been happening :)
Meanwhile Toddy administers the last rights to Andy at Carnage Bridge.

Attachments

• 20190725_120007-01.jpg
    20190725_120007-01.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 396
I think the going round corners button is a power part on back order.

[exuse] For the other 790 owners the issue was not the bike it was me. I was listening to Drop Kick Murphy’s and thought I could power slide round a right hander then felt the luggage ( packed too much as usual and decided ditch safer than the post in front of me). Planned to ride out of it and It was all going well until the peak on my Schuberth E1 fell forward covering my eyes.

]

I was following Jon as this scene unfolded in front of me.

As we came to the 90 degree bend I thought "feck me he's carrying some speed into this!" :eek:

As he turned in and appeared to nail it I thought "feck me that's impressive!" :clap

As he exited the trail stage left and headed into the ditch I thought "feck me we're gonna have to dig him out of there!"

He did very well to stay on and then managed to ride the bike out unaided amidst much relief and piss taking :D

How’s the 790 doing?

From what I saw it's a very capable machine both on and off road :thumb2

So much has been happening :)
Meanwhile Toddy administers the last rights to Andy at Carnage Bridge.

I was merely trying to help the poor boy back onto his feet :rob

Looks like the poor bike was tired and wanted a lie down.

Adrian

To be fair we found one of his Kreiga bags shredded between the tyre and exhaust......which may not have helped :D

Tim any plans to revisit Iceland in 2020 I tired to plan a trip a trip for this year but organizing my mates it like herding cats

Tim any plans to revisit Iceland in 2020 I tired to plan a trip a trip for this year but organizing my mates it like herding cats

Some say that seals only mate when Tim is in Iceland and that Whales only sing when they feel the sweet vibration of a distant 640 skipping over the crushed lava. Some say the country plunges into darkness when he leaves the country.

Cats line up in height order (and which is the fluffiest in cases of same height) when Tim is ready to ride.

Do it. Do Iceland with Tim, your life will never be the same.

Some say that seals only mate when Tim is in Iceland and that Whales only sing when they feel the sweet vibration of a distant 640 skipping over the crushed lava. Some say the country plunges into darkness when he leaves the country.

Cats line up in height order (and which is the fluffiest in cases of same height) when Tim is ready to ride.

Do it. Do Iceland with Tim, your life will never be the same.

Well I hope your life has only changed for the better Jon :D I think without exception everyone had a great time.
Mark Earthmover has started his ride report for this year's first trip and unless anyone else want to do it, I'll put something together for our 2nd one.

Yes, thoughts of a return for 2020 have already started although it will be in August next time and again probably two slightly different routes :)

Iceland 2020

Any plans on going Tim ? sorry just see the reply August it is can't wait

Any plans on going Tim ? sorry just see the reply August it is can't wait

It's best if you subscribe to the forum then send a PM so I can keep you informed.

Remember the other ride report is from the first trip where part of the route suited smaller bikes. The second trip was suited to all sizes.

Some pictures taken on this year's trip to The Westfjords.
sDkJuIw.jpg

Ksl37xC.jpg

LdGDzGq.jpg

All feeling rather chuffed after replaceing a broken brake lever with a 10mm spanner and many zip ties.
txEzuT3.jpg

f8oLD1j.jpg

y5ifjMI.jpg

drFDKeQ.jpg

VW1vk2Y.jpg

SAwPi0d.jpg

5Ecj8jm.jpg

ZekQqvd.jpg

XH9lh7I.jpg

6frlnfN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom