Pre warranty expiration service/checkover

My 2 yr old bike went in for end of warranty check last month, passed no problems.

On way home ABS & TC warning lights came on, stopped/switched off & back on and no further problems. Week later rode bike again and same problem. Back to dealer & “software update” (non tft) and all ok.

Next ride “oil level low” comes up on dash. No red or amber lights just words. No dramas Nav5 says check level & top up as required at next convenient time. I put a tea cup worth in for peace of mind.

In 2yrs of ownership bike has been faultless, then twice in as many weeks after warranty check over.

Made me decide that extended warranty was the way forward.
Coincidence......hmm ?
Hmm! Is your implication that the dealer caused the failures?
Alan R

Far from it, my Dealer has been great.

Feel the end of warranty check is just a quick inspection & nothing more & shouldn’t be relied upon as to a bikes well being, as shown in my case.

You pay yer money & take yer chance.

Far from it, my Dealer has been great.

Feel the end of warranty check is just a quick inspection & nothing more & shouldn’t be relied upon as to a bikes well being, as shown in my case.

You pay yer money & take yer chance.
Ooo I dunno about that. Cooper BMW in Tunbridge Wells picked the my bike's forks were leaking oil and replaced the seals as part of the end of warranty check. I'm not entirely convinced that what they saw wasn't fs-365 build up (I wiped away the residue and it didn't come back) but they were happy to do the work under warranty, so I let them get on with it.

That said..any check that's carried out is only as good as the person doing the work and even then, only an indication of what's obviously wrong at that point in time. The next day or even the next ride, any number of things can go fubar. That's why Roadcraft / emergency services stipulate to do roadworthiness checks at the start of each day / shift change.

After mulling over the, "to warranty or not to warranty" question for a few weeks, finally decided to go for it. Phoned the warranty peeps, had card at the ready and......

They declined, due to my bike's Fuel end can:blast

Oh well, that's that decision made for me!

Why did you tell them about the end can? :blast

Just tell them it has the original back on.

Why did you tell them about the end can? :blast
Dumb as fuck. :blast Had opened my gob before even thinking about whether or not it'd come into the equation. Been mulling over what to do, something along the lines of your suggestion is currently leading the poll thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom