Reiten Motorad , Cavendish

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody on here used them? :nenau

My 1150 GS hasn’t been used for about 18 months and could do with a good going over before I start using it again. :rolleyes:
Things like a full service, brake fluid flush, cam chain modification, hall sensor change etc....

Or am I best getting Steptoe / Mikeyboy to have it for a week?

reiten are great for a bmw dealer . but steptoe is better bet for your needs , used both in the past

Hey, nice to see some posts on here, thought all you guys had retired.

Bimbled/blatted round Thetford woods yesterday, it’s realy quiet, aside from the biker dressed in Lycra and the usual ‘doggers’. Oh yeah and a 4x4 stuck in the pond at the pig farm.

It’s nice to see they’ve removed the TRO’s (as long as we behave and don’t use them in wet conditions).

Plenty there to attract you so I hope you guys haven’t given up with the mud and sand.

Hi Chap, as an "official" BMW dealer I guess they would charge "official" rates:eek: I guess Steptoe or Mikeyboy would be more resonable and they also know 1150's inside and out. I'll pm you another contact too. Cheers:beerjug:John B

Wot Jon B' said, innit.

Where are you? Steve at Motoscot is also a good bet, near Luton :thumb

Wot Jon B' said, innit.

Where are you? Steve at Motoscot is also a good bet, near Luton :thumb

I’m sort of based around the Thetford / Snetterton area. I didn’t realise they were a main dealer! Thought it was an independent set up.

The new Witham based Cannon BMW dealership is well worth visit. I've never seen so many bikes in a dealership. Cafe and a deck in the sun too.

I’ve been using Reiten since they opened and have been very happy with the service and prices. IMO the best BMW dealership in East Anglia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I darent go there. I got away with a free sausage bun once, but I hear they are addictive, and the second sausage bun forces you to buy a new bike from them. I fear for my marriage!

I haven't used them but have visited, I found it rather "cliquey", there were a bunch of guys all milling around and I was completely ignored.

I've since heard there have been some nasty issues with servicing such as front fork pinch bolts left undone.

Treat with caution!

I can only comment on my own experiences and every time one of my bikes has been through their workshop it has come out perfect.

If there was a history of errors which you seem to be alluding to, I’m sure we would all have heard more about them.

With regards to you being ignored, I’m sure the team there would be gutted to hear that. Perhaps you should pop in again and make yourself known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't used them but have visited, I found it rather "cliquey", there were a bunch of guys all milling around and I was completely ignored.

I've since heard there have been some nasty issues with servicing such as front fork pinch bolts left undone.

Treat with caution!

I was their first new bike sale.
I knew all the staff. For many years too.
Unfortunately I didn't see eye to eye with them. The first service was the last time I visited.
Just as has been said above. Very Cliquey, And ignored if you're not within the in-crowd.
Anyway, Collected my bike after its 600 mile running in service. Rode away and noticed several fixing screws missing. So turned around. After pointing out and a shrug shoulders "humph" from the service guy they found the screws and fitted them. Rode away again. Then noticed the service warning was still showing on the dash. Returned, this time I was well aware I was now becoming a PITA. Reluctantly the service guy came out and pushed it back into the service area. Whilst shouting at me "It will take a while so I hope you can wait" ?
That was it. I haven't been back in nearly two years.
Cannons ..... Refreshingly much better.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 312
Brought a R1250RT of them last year, everything was good, cant fault them at all, bikes now had its first service with them again all good, due for next service soon, will use them again, very friendly staff, don't get the cliquey comments at all :nenau everybody I know who have used them speak highly of them.

The above really applies if you have a new bike and 3 years warranty to protect where it is of course wise to have your dealer look after it during this period, with your R1150 GS and the type of work / fettling needed you may be better with an independent, although I would talk to Reiten as there local to you, maybe they will come up with a deal for you?

Brought a R1250RT of them last year, everything was good, cant fault them at all, bikes now had its first service with them again all good, due for next service soon, will use them again, very friendly staff, don't get the cliquey comments at all :nenau everybody I know who have used them speak highly of them.

Different people, different experiences. I accept there will be differing views, thats how it is. Glad youve had better experiences. Sadly, the group of riders i know, 6 of us, all feel the same as to cliquey .
Hey ho !

Different people, different experiences. I accept there will be differing views, thats how it is. Glad youve had better experiences. Sadly, the group of riders i know, 6 of us, all feel the same as to cliquey .
Hey ho !

I think the handful of people unhappy for whatever reason is far outweighed by the hundreds of happy customers

Back
Top Bottom