Why’s everyone jumping ship?

Really interesting now, I have my end of 3 year figures. My dealer is not interested in taking the bike back now the pcp is finished, been offered less than the GFV in part exchange against a new bike so am now returning to Honda and will walk away from the crf alk

How much less are they offering and what was your GFV ?

Do you know what your next bike will be yet ?

Really interesting now, I have my end of 3 year figures. My dealer is not interested in taking the bike back now the pcp is finished, been offered less than the GFV in part exchange against a new bike so am now returning to Honda and will walk away from the CRF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never done pcp, but I thought gfv meant "guaranteed" final value?

What was the GFV and what did they offer you PX?

The GFV was £6000 (mine is a DCT) and PX against another CRF was £5500 (Honda dealers) the bike is under its 12,000 a year contract mileage, FSH and some extras, dealers still not interested in PX as they have 6 in stock waiting to be sold already. I think the price drop and good deals by Honda on the CRF and the newer model have impacted on 2nd hand values - Honda are collecting my bike and i walk away form the deal, it is going for auction, someone will get a bargain and Honda will carry the loss between the auction price and the GFV.

The GFV was £6000 (mine is a DCT) and PX against another CRF was £5500 (Honda dealers) the bike is under its 12,000 a year contract mileage, FSH and some extras, dealers still not interested in PX as they have 6 in stock waiting to be sold already. I think the price drop and good deals by Honda on the CRF and the newer model have impacted on 2nd hand values - Honda are collecting my bike and i walk away form the deal, it is going for auction, someone will get a bargain and Honda will carry the loss between the auction price and the GFV.

What a shambles

This is the whole automotive PCP bubble which will cause the next Credit Crash

If manufacturers & their finance companies blow £500-£1000 per unit then they can't do that forever

50% depreciation on a DCT, with 22k in 3 years is a bit salty too

I've had mine for nearly 3 years too, as the DCT is so unique and there is nothing out there that competes with it, why I bought it in the first place.
large trail bike for crappy back lanes and B roads with an auto box its relaxing to ride all day, mines good as new condition none of the rot people are complaining about though it did have new wheel early 17 but they have not corroded since.
I'm a bit miffed at the Honda deals and its crappy second hand value as one day I may like to change it, but it fits a roll in my riding perfectly, but at the end of the day its only a Honda I enjoy riding it but its never going to set your pants on fire, would I have bought a manual ? no I would not, if I've got to change gear and have an evolving ride I'd have bought something else, its got a nice snarl through the air box and the remus sounds nice but the torque curve is flat and linear, which suits the DCT down to the griound, its no cb 500 or nc750 dull but its not exciting either.
BUT I do really love it looks great in Dakar red, so I'll be keeping it :D

I think your right on all accounts I’m guessing as yours will be a higher mile bike seeing as you have a 12,000 mile a year contract , how many miles did you do on it in the end ?

And your a deposit value & bike down

How much initial deposit did you put down on the bike ?

And your a deposit value & bike down

How much initial deposit did you put down on the bike ?

Oh yes I realise that there is space in the workshop but i am back on the 1150 GSA and still have the XT660 - i paid ~£4000 up front, then paid for the accessory packs out of my own cash.

Is there no brand loyalty......

I’m happy with my GSA, I tried a KTM, didn’t do it for me, owned a Multi, great bike but has a chain and not as comfortable. Like the look of the AT, but has a chain and 100 mile less fuel range, don’t like the Yamaha, what else does that leave that could be considered a suitable alternative.

V-strom? Triumph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whereas a GS is never boring , keeping you guessing what will fail next ....

Something that Nutty keen to explore again with his newly ordered 1250 GS. Perhaps he likes to be a guinea pig? Some people.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom