Insurance is now availabe in the USA - October 2018

I’ve sent an email to Motorcycle Express today requesting insurance cover for our two UK registered bikes from the first of May.
I’ll let you know their response and how we get on.

I sent one last Friday, part of the response is below. I can't see them beating the quote I got from Fernet but will give it a go if the website is up and running by the end of next week.

"you will be able to purchase this insurance on line at motorcycleexpress.com in about a week.
Just go on line and you will be able to pick the terms and coverages that you desire.
In addition you will be able to purchase Roadside assistance.,"

Thanks for that, I guess I’ll get the same and wait a little while longer.

Out of interest, the Fernet crowd used to use Dairyland policies I believe, who is it through now. Is it a proper thing or a kinda, should be, hope nothing actually goes wrong kind of policy?
Sorry if that sounds a bit off but some of the posts on here and elsewhere about what’s acceptable......

It's on......no, it's off!

The link is now active and took me to an error page - weight of calls probably.

OK folks, after this years insurance debacle and the withdrawal of the main provider, I've found someone else who will provide cover.

They are based in Mexico and there website is here www.segurogringo.com and a contact email is fernando@segurogringo.com. I know a few guys who have taken out this insurance and they confirm it's all legal and above board but please note it is 3rd party only so it's up to you to decide if you have enough cover to feel comfortable on a trip in North America. If you apply, please notre he is a bit busy with applications but he will get back to you.

Until one of the main providers takes this on, this is the only option I know of at this time. People don't have too much of an issue taking this out in Central and South America and indeed in many parts of the world so it would bother me too much. More important to me is personal cover which is no problem.

Dairyland have pulled out for at least 2 years which is when the current CEO retires and he told me that he had no intention of reinstating it during his tenure. Most agents such as Motorcycle Express and Fernet used Dairlyland so they are also hunting high and low for someone to cover.

Obviously if this changes before people start planning for 2019 I will let everyone know.

After reading the thumbnail of this thread I wondered initially if you got lots of messages from Nigerian Princes!! :D

I’ve just received an email letting me know that insurance for the US is now available. The link worked for me.
Coverage for Canada will be available shortly. It looks like we will have to buy two seperate policies? Time will tell.

We don’t need cover until May the first so I’ll hold off a bit longer and hope that there will be the possibility of combining both the US and Canada on one policy. Fingers crossed.

Theft Insurance in USA?

Now that insurance is available I'll be going through Motorcycle Express.

One thing I've noticed is there's no mention of theft. Lots of numbers to cover Liability and Physical Damage though. Or have I missed something?.

What do people do for theft insurance in USA?:nenau

What do people do for theft insurance in USA?:nenau

Thieves over here don't want a dirty old GS but if you're really concerned about it cover it at night with a Suzuki cover.

I’ve already posted this in another thread about the cost of insurance for our foreign bikes in the US.
My quote for 180 days is $8500 or there about....Crazy.

Segurogringo want less than $500. I know it’s a lot les cover but I’m prepared to self insure my 10 year old bike.
Our other bike that we are travelling with is a 2016 F800GS.....worth a bit more.

At least I now have something to work with.

The concern is not really ( for my part) insuring the bike itself ,as making sure there is enough third party cover incase ought goes wrong against said third party .
It would appear they have no shortage of lawyers in USA :rolleyes:. If you have nought here, then the risk is less ( as in
, they can't recover ££££££££££££ from you if you ain't got it .)
If however you have any Asset worth ,,, you must have good 3rd party ins :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom