K1600 meet on 6/07/19 - Buxton

Jesim1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone with a K1600 - any variety, riders and pillions welcome :thumb

There has been a meet organised for the 6th of July in Buxton, several of us have booked the Palace hotel for that night as it's cheap for just the Saturday, but other nights are available if you want a longer stay.

It's just an informal meet up in a central location to go for a couple of runs over Sat/Sun and have a pint and a bite to eat without having to worry about the drive home. No doubt there will be a lot of bollocks talked and several penises measured, but it will also be good to see several of these bikes together and talk to others of things they have done or may be considering bike wise. No firm details of runs or the like yet as it's next year, but we wanted to set a date or it never happens.

There are more of these bike in the UK than you may think, but they tend to be spread out, so meeting for just a coffee can be a 300 mile round trip - which is a cold breakfast!

If you fancy it the trip details are here: https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/uk...ed-inaugural-uk-k1600-meet-summer-2019-a.html

Or I can add you to the list if you want to book it and let me know. There is no money or tickets changing hands, you book direct with the hotel if you fancy it or you can just turn up on the day when we are a bit more organised.

James

Looks to be quite a few going now, I'd expect there to be in the region of 20 K1600s of various types there, quite a lot for such a rare bike, I don't even know if I've seen another one while I've been out?

I'm looking forward to this:beerjug:

James

I would have been very interested in this, but June is a very busy month for me (wedding, honeymoon, then MotoGP in Assen) so I'll have to pass. Just imagine all the potential BT interference possibilities of 20+ K1600s!

Just loaded the routes into my GPS. Hope to se some of you there.

LOL, My nav 5 just does what it wants when I try to use routes downloaded, I'll be the one at the side of a junction looking lost - easy to pick me out:D

Back
Top Bottom