VFR750 Reprise

KMD, the chokes on the vfrs are a different set up to the v twin honda's with the tube/spring/cable/plunger set up, doesn't mean the mechanism isn't prone to sticking though...

Chris; * Check the resistance of the plug caps *

I bet they are sky high if not infinate, an easy fix

Wonderful bikes.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I’m in.

Had a 1997 VFR 750 FV, now owned by my brother who wants to sell it and I think I need to buy it back.

Lots of photos with the report please

Owned two.....an FS and FV. Shouldn’t have sold either one of them. :tears

Attachments

• 6F8A49AA-1A6E-4FA0-B249-4C3413B7164B.jpg
    6F8A49AA-1A6E-4FA0-B249-4C3413B7164B.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 635
  • D9D7DCED-2B26-41CE-867C-AF4ACA44D18A.jpeg
    D9D7DCED-2B26-41CE-867C-AF4ACA44D18A.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 643
Are you removing the swingarm?
Hoefully the castellated nut won't start picking up the alloy frame threads.....

Are you removing the swingarm?
Hoefully the castellated nut won't start picking up the alloy frame threads.....

Swing arm is staying in, this is only supposed to be a freshening up exercise ....... it's all gone a bit serious :D

I had one, bored me shitless :D BUT they're great bikes.
Scan100-L.jpg

Having ridden my brother in laws old vfr750 on a number of occasions I think that they are a superb bike , problem is that the power delivery is so flat and linear is that they feel boring and they are far from being so

I just really like them, I think they have enough character (or at least make a lovely noise) and they're different enough from anything else to please me.

It's been an absolute joy to work on, it's beautifully engineered that's for sure!

OK quick straw poll .......

I'm going to either paint the wheels or have them powder coated ..... I'm NOT leaving them black so ...

Gold or white?

(I think I know which way I'm going to go already but it certainly can't hurt to get some opinions)

This is my last VFR with gold wheels for some perspective. I can't find a photo of the same model with white wheels anywhere ... perhaps that in itself answers the question ...

IMG_6911 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom