Seats again.

The triple black seat on the GS are excellent and they are actually BMW’s exclusive seat which is supposedly one better than the optional ‘comfort’ seat that you can get as an upgrade for a standard GS.
I found my Triple Black Seats so good on my last bike (2017), that I swopped them onto my latest 2018 bike which I’d ordered with comfort seats. I gave the brand new comfort Seats back to the dealer in exchange for the old exclusive Seats from my TB.
My be worth a try if you can find a dealer with a second hand TB in stock who’ll let you borrow the seats for a test ride.

I took the standard comfort/exclusive seats of my Triple Black GS because I thought they were bloody awful

I replace them with Triple Black GSA seats

The GSA Triple Black seats are not the same as the GS Triple Black versions

If you want to borrow my Comfort/Exclusive seats as a comparison before you buy just let me know :thumb

Thanks for the offer. Ill not get chance to ride for the next month at least.

+1 for the Exclusive seats. I bought a set for my 1200GS TE and will transfer them to my new 1250. They made a massive difference and are all day comfortable to me.

Touratech seat in the "for sale" section.

well priced at £200.

Bitten the bullet and shelled out lots of dosh for the TT rider and passenger comfort seat. Hope its worth the hype.

Changed mine to Wunderlich for both rider and passenger and no complaints

The trouble is, it's a personal thing. Recommendations are largely pointless, as what suits one may not suit another. Offers to try various seats are best taken up before shelling out hundreds for a seat that might be as bad, if not worse, than the last one.

My airhawk, bought for my excruciatingly painful Varadero (the lovely Mrs Saint still thinks it's the most comfortable bike we have owned) did nothing for my comfort. It is, however, brilliant for when I go to watch cricket. 9 hours on a Rose Bowl seat is agony without it.

I also have the Wunderlich seats, rider + passenger for several years now and I'm very satisfied with them. When I was looking for other seats I also tested the TT seats, but the Wunderlich's had my preference.

One of the guys on the K1600 forum reports a good experience with these guys in Coventry ........... http://www.motorbike-seats.co.uk/

He had both seats on his GT given extra padding, whilst retaining the heater elements, then recovered to his spec. Cost £240 the pair.

Back
Top Bottom