Scrambler 1200

I’ve never owned a Triumph nor wanted to but I really like that. Had a hankering after a Ducati Scrambler but a test ride left me feeling it was 7/8 full size (and I’m not tall).

Keep coming back to look even though I can’t afford one :blast

With that stripe down the tank ; it reminds me of my old B25 goldstar; coming over all nostalgic now; iam liking that.:beerjug:

It looks even nicer in the white tank/green stripe combo :)

I have to say I've never given any modern Triumph a second glance but that actually looks really nice.

Andres

What does a 21" wheel feel like on the road, can you still get a groove on ?

RBW.

It all depends how the rest of the bike is set up TBH. For example, a 21" could make the bike slower steering but if the trail is altered to suit than that's almost negated............

There is a bit more of a gyroscopic inertia which, when compared to 17" wheels, makes a bike need a little bit more input to change direction and it can contribute to the bike feeling a bit more 'planted' BUT with the wider bars of a dirt bike you can be hard pushed to notice that.

I think the issue, if there is one, is the smaller contact patch of a skinnier front wheel but with modern tyres this is mostly in the rider's head. The 21" front end on my 1190R seems to cope just fine with the KTM's 150bhp and my ham fisted riding :)

Andres

What does a 21" wheel feel like on the road, can you still get a groove on ?

RBW.

You can get a wriggle on with a 21" front ... but ....

If you're buying this bike to 'make progress' then I dare say there'll be better alternatives out there .....

Sounds ok to me :thumb2

It all depends how the rest of the bike is set up TBH. For example, a 21" could make the bike slower steering but if the trail is altered to suit than that's almost negated............

There is a bit more of a gyroscopic inertia which, when compared to 17" wheels, makes a bike need a little bit more input to change direction and it can contribute to the bike feeling a bit more 'planted' BUT with the wider bars of a dirt bike you can be hard pushed to notice that.

I think the issue, if there is one, is the smaller contact patch of a skinnier front wheel but with modern tyres this is mostly in the rider's head. The 21" front end on my 1190R seems to cope just fine with the KTM's 150bhp and my ham fisted riding :)

Andres

Probably.. but where's the fun in that.

You can get a wriggle on with a 21" front ... but ....

If you're buying this bike to 'make progress' then I dare say there'll be better alternatives out there .....

RBW.

I love it... this is going to cause trouble in the Twizzle household....

I really like both the modern Triumph's and the modern Guzzi's.

I currently run a 68 plate 1200 Tiger xrt and a 2005 plate Breva 1100. I really like them both, in different ways.

But I keep dreaming of the new Scrambler and the new V85tt sat in the workshop.

With that stripe down the tank ; it reminds me of my old B25 goldstar; coming over all nostalgic now; iam liking that.:beerjug:

Thank you! I was trying to remember where I'd see that scheme. I thought it was like the old TR5 Adverturer but couldn't find a match. Yep, 'twas the Beezer. :thumb

Paul

I like it does anyone have any ideas of cost and when it’s available to buy

cheers Simon

When the time comes I am going to find it hard to choose between the T120 and the Scrambler now.... it looks very good

When the time comes I am going to find it hard to choose between the T120 and the Scrambler now.... it looks very good

Don’t forget the new 1200 Speed Twin :thumb2

Attachments

• 9E563180-996B-46A3-AFE4-A4D8E9C18AA2.jpeg
    9E563180-996B-46A3-AFE4-A4D8E9C18AA2.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 475
Oh Lordy, I keep staring at this..........I’m going to need a great story indoors if this fits me.....

Attachments

• 5FD545C3-5998-427C-9116-820F17012DA5.jpeg
    5FD545C3-5998-427C-9116-820F17012DA5.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 446
I really liked the look of the 900 - and I bought one... but the lack of power and poor suspension let it down... but it looks like these issues have been resolved...... here...

I reckon a test ride will be key..... come March.... pricing due out on 17th December apparently.....

Hopefully around £11-12k....max.....

Forget what??? Nah, it's gone.............

Nice in'it :)

You need a plan................

Andres

I really liked the look of the 900 - and I bought one... but the lack of power and poor suspension let it down... but it looks like these issues have been resolved...... here...

I reckon a test ride will be key..... come March.... pricing due out on 17th December apparently.....

Hopefully around £11-12k....max.....

Reckon it'll fit even better given it's increased height.................

Get your spreadsheet runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way.............

Andres

Back
Top Bottom