Scrambler 1200

Ta.

It actually looks ok in my eyes,especially as the indicators are the short LEDs relocated to the tail lamp.

Can’t be arsed to cut the mudguard or pay over £ 150 to tidy up the back end a tad.

Twizz can do it next summer :)

£70 and a Dremel

Had another go at the weekend . The bar ergo is wrong for me and I tried a few positions, took an Allen key . Lovely for my long legs but the bar reach was wrong . Love the look though , and really good build quality, maybe need bar risers / pull back, lack of protection an issue as well , but maybe when I don’t need to hammer down the A27 to work it will work for me :thumb2

Had another go at the weekend . The bar ergo is wrong for me and I tried a few positions, took an Allen key . Lovely for my long legs but the bar reach was wrong

Did you have sit on the XC as well ?

Yes the seat height is 30mm lower on the XC but the bars are lower & narrower too

Got to ride the XE a bit more today.
A few observations-the suspension is very plush and well sorted.I’ve not tweaked it so it’ll be on factory settings.The Showa front/Ohlins rear really is night and day compared to the crap fitted to my T120 black two years ago.
The dash is a bit over-complicated for my liking with too many options.But once set up it’s good and very clear.Very adjustable such as auto-dimming for night use.It even has an option to vary the self-cancelling indicators so they’ll cancel after 3 flashes with a short press or a longer period with a long press.
The overall build quality seems excellent.All the switch gear is very neat and well made.
I miss not having a quick shifter but the clutch is very light and the gearbox is ultra smooth.

It’s a lovely motor in the bike.Fuelling is 95% perfect with just a slight hesitation off a closed or light throttle.But it’ll pull from 30mph in sixth so very smooth and flexible.
I’m going to get a decat header pipe from Italy.It supposedly cuts heat by 60% and improves throttle response,the ECU being self-learning.It also obviously gives the bike more of a rumble, especially with the Arrows fitted.

98080181c6648f4ba70331c6bdd7acfd.plist

ae0c36512842fc623d22608dea24d587.plist

Looking forward to taking the bike over to Brittany in the new year.

f3e82c8c2a188b55fd9f9811c3632470.plist

It's a shame that Free Spirits have manufactured a nice header then left a horrible bloody weld on view :blast

I'm keeping my options open on the decat. TEC offer a decat service for £80 but given the time of year, I'm leaving mine in place for now. I'm hoping by next spring there will be various other options available maybe even a complete system from the TEC guys ?

You just need to ditch that rear hanger now Martin :thumb2

It's a shame that Free Spirits have manufactured a nice header then left a horrible bloody weld on view :blast

I'm keeping my options open on the decat. TEC offer a decat service for £80 but given the time of year, I'm leaving mine in place for now. I'm hoping by next spring there will be various other options available maybe even a complete system from the TEC guys ?

You just need to ditch that rear hanger now Martin :thumb2

Rear hanger ain’t going anywhere !! :)

Don’t forget to keep the standard headers... I’ll need them for the MOT ...(maybe)

I tried one and really liked it. It just felt very neutral and the dash, although small, was great.

Just need to find one now!

The only issue is heat from the exhaust - at one point I thought it had a heated seat

A Triumph rep at the Bike Show in Birmingham claimed it took a lot of R & D to get the header pipe to bend at that angle without an external weld.

He could have been talking b*****ks or it could explain the weld on the Free Spirits pipe

Mike

Considering an XC against an F850GSA as a second bike and maybe later as an only bike.

I do like the XC cos I can't reach the ground on the XE - unless I fall off...

Got to ride the XE a bit more today.
...It’s a lovely motor in the bike.Fuelling is 95% perfect with just a slight hesitation off a closed or light throttle.But it’ll pull from 30mph in sixth so very smooth and flexible.

What's the engine like compared to the Turban? Mine has the torquiest lump of any bike I've had and sounds great - this Triumph is the only replacement on the market in my eyes.

What's the engine like compared to the Turban? Mine has the torquiest lump of any bike I've had and sounds great - this Triumph is the only replacement on the market in my eyes.

I think the Turban had more grunt but I MUCH prefer the XE.
It makes nice power but the biggest gain over the Turban is the riding position is much better for me and also with the Showa/Ohlins setup, the suspension is in another league to the crap on the Turban.

Back
Top Bottom