Scrambler 1200

I think the Turban had more grunt but I MUCH prefer the XE.
It makes nice power but the biggest gain over the Turban is the riding position is much better for me and also with the Showa/Ohlins setup, the suspension is in another league to the crap on the Turban.

Agree there, mine wasn't great standard. It still makes me want to ride / clean / fiddle with it though and that's as good a barometer as any pour moi. Can see a (lowered) XE in the future though. I know the XC is for shorties but the XE looks better

A Triumph rep at the Bike Show in Birmingham claimed it took a lot of R & D to get the header pipe to bend at that angle without an external weld.

He could have been talking b*****ks or it could explain the weld on the Free Spirits pipe

Mike

I can well believe that to be true. I've read somewhere that Triumph now have in house hydroforming technology for manufacturing seamless exhaust systems. They used to develop the exhaust headers for the new Rocket 3 :thumb2

I think the Turban had more grunt but I MUCH prefer the XE.
It makes nice power but the biggest gain over the Turban is the riding position is much better for me and also with the Showa/Ohlins setup, the suspension is in another league to the crap on the Turban.

I would agree with Martin

I've had an R Nine-T Scrambler and whilst the motor was great the suspension badly let the bike down

Try speccing any R Nine-T variant up to that of a standard spec Scrambler 1200 and you will shit your pants when you realise just how much it will cost you to get anywhere near the Triumph :D

This coming Up on Chanel 4 at some point

:love

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 15.48.38.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 15.48.38.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 310
There’s something that’s never been ‘quite right’ about the bike for me and now seeing it with the short pipes it’s suddenly dawned on me and that’s the mounting and length of the rear shocks.

Along with the long forks it makes the bike look a bit gangly.........

Or maybe it’s just me?

Andres

There’s something that’s never been ‘quite right’ about the bike for me and now seeing it with the short pipes it’s suddenly dawned on me and that’s the mounting and length of the rear shocks.

Or maybe it’s just me?

Andres

But that bike they used was doctored a bit so is probably taller than a stock XE.
But the standard XE is designed to go off-road and has ground clearance suited to that , unlike the Turban which is more of a styling exercise .

But that bike they used was doctored a bit so is probably taller than a stock XE.

What do you think they have done to it ?

Rear light, indicators, number plate hanger, wing mirrors, silencers and hand guards binned. Knobbly tyres, higher front mudguard and radiator guard fitted :thumb2

Apart from these minor modifications it looks reasonably stock to me :nenau

What do you think they have done to it ?

Rear light, indicators, number plate hanger, wing mirrors, silencers and hand guards binned. Knobbly tyres, higher front mudguard and radiator guard fitted :thumb2

Apart from these minor modifications it looks reasonably stock to me :nenau

It’s been stiffened up

You’ve a thing about gangly bikes at the moment...

Or maybe it’s just me?

Andres

You’ve a thing about gangly bikes at the moment...

Maybe............... :D

I've just never seen a bike with the rear shocks mounted like that before, as a result they are sooooooo long..........it just looks a bit weird. Essentially, it looks like a road bike that's been given decent ground clearance by fitting very long suspension rather that the more holistic approach that a dirt bike would have had.

I'm not knocking it though, I still really like it, it's just it looks a bit weird I guess (not a bad thing in my book) and all of a sudden it dawned on me why.

Andres

Free Spirits H decat pipe arrived today

d4b5de3f4424ae098b6d6435cfa174ae.jpg

Took me 90 minutes to fit . Bit fiddly and I dropped a bloody nut behind the belly pan twice !!

Before

fa5ded5d0c3eaca900b49c5ae91cf331.jpg

After

3afb6fbe596c1f0389497bcdc7534a4c.jpg

Bit throatier and should run quite a bit cooler.

Re-uses all original covers etc

7b520056ec918cc6d6f3f0e4702696cb.jpg

Nice,

I really must take one of these bikes out for a test ride. Preferably for a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom