Scrambler 1200

Settling in to this bike now... suspension set up for me.. 500 miles done so can start to treat it more roughly... discovered yesterday it will wheely off the throttle in 1st or 2nd.......I cannot wait for warmer days and roads...

This bike really floats my boat on the roads I ride......

It’s not powerful on paper, about 88bhp I think... but the way it works on the road is bob on...

And the brakes.... those Brembo M50’ are good

Went out yesterday for a Hour on mine, loving it the more I ride it. The keyless malarkey is a waste of time, as is all the settings and buttons etc. (probably me, the luddite, having a 30 year old airhead and the belief you ride the conditions) but a great bike that is a hoot on the road.

Had my 500 mile service today - they also popped the latest update/map on..... if you have not had this done..... get it done...

So much better .. .. as in SO MUCH BETTER.......

Well IMO.

Hi what’s the latest update / map, took mine in for 12 month service last week, they said it was all fully updated with recalls etc.

cheers

Don’t know the “number” - but it’s made pulling away a lot smoother - found low speed throttle response a bit “lumpy” - this has smoothed it out - acceleration is smoother -

Much better

Power wheelies in 2nd gear in sport mode!!!

This bike is going to get me in trouble...

Thanks for info. on updates, mines is ok

Yes they area a bit addictive with all that torque!!

Anybody done the decat on their bikes and found it a lot cooler on the leg / calf. Went out on my bike today and found the heat very warm, not sure how i will cope when the weather gets warmer. I have seen on Adv rider folk using exhaust wrap and decats.

cheers Simon

Anybody done the decat on their bikes and found it a lot cooler on the leg / calf. Went out on my bike today and found the heat very warm, not sure how i will cope when the weather gets warmer. I have seen on Adv rider folk using exhaust wrap and decats.

cheers Simon

Arsey has done his.......

Yup seems much cooler .
I’ve got the Free Spirits header pipe from Italy.
Though not ridden it in any warm weather-we have a lockdown here !!

Yup seems much cooler .
I’ve got the Free Spirits header pipe from Italy.
Though not ridden it in any warm weather-we have a lockdown here !!

Cheers thanks for info, will look at that. I was going to a job, redundant barn needed measuring, rode directly there and back, no contact with client or anyone.

cheers Simon

I rode mine through last summer and the heat despite being noticeable never really bothered me

TEC will decat your headers for £80 or you can do it yourself by following the video they have on their You Tube site :thumb

I rode mine through last summer and the heat despite being noticeable never really bothered me

TEC will decat your headers for £80 or you can do it yourself by following the video they have on their You Tube site :thumb

Thanks for the info, maybe because I had my thin biking jeans on it just seemed a tad warm. The bikes a cracker, looking forward to when lockdowns finished and do some miles. Thanks

Can you get a comfort seat for these?

Found the standard one a bit firm.

Back
Top Bottom